Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: Blubberhouses 25

Quote Originally Posted by alfa_scud View Post
    Is that a touch quicker than last year for you Ben?
    Chris, yes about 8 mins quicker in what I think must have been slower conditions (wind and under foot). I was dragged along at a good pace from the start by my club mate (who finished a place behind me). had third place in my sights pretty much all the way and closed the gap on him from Round Hill but by the reservoir dam wall I knew I couldn't quite reel him in.

it was good to see you. hope the return to fitness continues well and i'll see you at another one soon.

I wouldn't get too excited ... I have it on good authority that those three ladies were all suffering from various injuries and decided to walk round. Not a bad time for a brisk walk!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Chris, yes about 8 mins quicker in what I think must have been slower conditions (wind and under foot). I was dragged along at a good pace from the start by my club mate (who finished a place behind me). had third place in my sights pretty much all the way and closed the gap on him from Round Hill but by the reservoir dam wall I knew I couldn't quite reel him in.

it was good to see you. hope the return to fitness continues well and i'll see you at another one soon.
    That was me you was closing on Ben,I was focusing on 2 guys in front didn't notice you till end of rough stuff,could have done without you chasing me up those last fields as cramp was setting in�� ,nice to chat with you at end

Quote Originally Posted by dogruf View Post
    That was me you was closing on Ben,I was focusing on 2 guys in front didn't notice you till end of rough stuff,could have done without you chasing me up those last fields as cramp was setting in�� ,nice to chat with you at end
    likewise mate. it was fun having someone to chase down, even if I ultimately failed!

Anyone having a trot out tomorrow? Possibly a little moist underfoot, but warmer. I'm running round with a couple of women from my club, trying to save myself for the Fellsman in a two weeks. I think I may have to taste some lovely LWDA cakes!

Yep, myself and Mrs P will be showing up. We ran up the side of the Washburn on Thursday and it was surprisingly muddy, so seeing as we've had a couple of nights of rain I reckon it could be mucky underfoot here and there, although I think the forecast is good.

Debating footwear. There are large sections on that route where fell shoes really make sense.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

We are coming too. Slow trot before Calderdale hike and Fellsman

I think I regret my choice of Mudclaws. Yes, it was boggy and muddy here and there but there's a lot of running on that course, my legs were telling me all about on the run down to Timble, some nice comfy trail shoes would have been the better option.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Super Moderator
    Mudclaws good choice Mart. Sorry didn't walk up to see you. Went over to Huddersfield for a group dog walk instead. B25 is amazingly runnable; very quick route
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I was glad I didnt run in trail shoes, there are enough dicey sections to warrant fell shoes I think. I was using a fellraiser which have quite a lot of support and hard wearing studs, perfect for this I think. I'd normally wear Inov8 xtalon for a proper fell race though.
    Dan Wilkinson - Ilkley Harriers