Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Blubberhouses 25

Re: Blubberhouses 25 - 1st Apr

ran this yesterday great pre peaks training,like you egor soon as i hit reservoir it dragged .been out on bike today to loosen legs. think me and my mate were about third or fourth to finish doesnt matter we all got beat by bella the dog!offical time made us fifteen minutes fasterchuffed with that.
    bring on the peaks

Another cracking LDWA event, good to meet Egor, Moo and Stringman again.

Thanks to bloke in Hawaii Cap for route finding and to Moo for dragging me round the last few miles.

See you at 3 Peaks!

Smile Re: Blubberhouses 25 - 1st Apr

What a brilliant set of conditions for this event. Pity this may be the last if someone else does not come forward. Doubt anyone could be as generous with the times. Glad to see no dogs on the course or road runners. Bella wants more. Thanks all who put in so much on the day. That is the folk putting the event on and those doing it and making these events such a special day out.

i was very much looking for to it but was nusing an ankle ijury (still am). How may runners did it this year and wot was the fastest time and when the results come out, would someone post them on the forum - just for interest. Was there any hope of a new organiser for next yr?

Quote Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
    i was very much looking for to it but was nusing an ankle ijury (still am). How may runners did it this year and wot was the fastest time and when the results come out, would someone post them on the forum - just for interest. Was there any hope of a new organiser for next yr?
    Err at a guess about 50 runners, not sure what fastest time was. Spoke to a few 'veteran' runners and some helpers in the village hall, the overriding feeling was that it would be the last which is a real shame.

Re: Blubberhouses 25 - 5 April

Thought i would mention this as it's now back on. Lower Yorkshire Dales area, all on very good running tracks. Over 50 runners did it last time.

Sunday 5th April
    Last edited by chris brown; 05-03-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Re: Blubberhouses 25 - 5th Apr

thgt they had stopped this in 2007, did the last one and enjoyed it, really well organised and wasnt the last back! do you have a link chris?

Super Moderator

Re: Blubberhouses 25 - 5th Apr

Event is organised by Nidderdale LDWA egor. Tel no 0142386, email [email protected] I'm hoping to do it
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
    Thought i would mention this as it's now back on. Lower Yorkshire Dales area, all on very good running tracks. Over 50 runners did it last time.

Sunday 5th April
    ran this last time it was run had a good run, Chris i think your the bloke i tagged on with at wharfedale marathon last year, if your doing this id have a run with you ,im not sure of course so if your doing it maybe pm me?

Quote Originally Posted by owmeknee View Post
    ran this last time it was run had a good run, Chris i think your the bloke i tagged on with at wharfedale marathon last year, if your doing this id have a run with you ,im not sure of course so if your doing it maybe pm me?
    yes, i did the WM last year in just under 4 hours, this has less steep hills and all very runable, hope to do it a little quicker. It's in reverse this time and so once up beamsley beacon and round hill, its down hill or flat for over 5 miles. You are very welcome to come around with me, it’s my home ground. Would you/anyone like a map? It’s not like the Calderdale area, dead easy straight forward routes.
    I'm thinking of a bit of a recce on Sunday about 18 miles if interested?