Thread: MarkL CW attempt 17 June 7pm

MarkL CW attempt 17 June 7pm

Hopefully, touch wood, my attempt is on course to go ahead. I have enough support for each leg, but very little margin for injuries, etc.
    You are cordially invited to come along on any leg and I'll get you a couple of beers in in the pub in keswick. By the way, can anyone recommend a good BG celebration venue in keswick?

Clockwise, Fri 17 June, starting 7pm 23 hour schedule.

According to this schedule:
    Leg 1 starts 7pm Friday
    Leg 2 starts 23:00 Friday
    Leg 3 starts 03:42 saturday
    Leg 4 starts 09:54 Saturday
    Leg 5 starts 15:07 Saturday
    Last edited by Mark L; 08-05-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Re: MarkL CW attempt 17 June

most people walk the climbs, run the flats and descents

sorry

you find a very selfless person to drive around the lakes all day ferrying people to and fro - think of them as your quartermaster.
    Basically its your job to work out and organise the logistics, no easy task.
    get it sorted a couple of weeks beforehand and hand it over to your Quartermaster
    so you don't have any stress in the final run up to the day
    Last edited by andy k; 18-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Hi Mark - leg three as discussed, previously.

As Andy K says getting a person with an organisers head is the key. I appointed the chair of our running club who is retired and a natural organiser (and a control freak which, if he's reading this, I know he won't mind me saying!). I drew up the plan with schedules, times people need to be at checkpoints, what I expect at those checkpoints (menu, spare shoes, rub down, encouragement etc). More than one vehicle to give lifts back to pacers to where their cars are etc. On the day it is up to him to operationalise the plan.

Hopefully, we'll meet up for a recce before the big day - good luck with training (and organising)

Hi Mark sorry for delay - been away weekend and had to see my diary at work today before committing. I should be able to do anything apart from leg 1 - but 3,4 or 5 probably the best bet as will be working (bit open ended) the friday. 4 probably my preference but I'll leave you leeway to decide once you know how the pieces are coming together. I've been taking it we're talking about a pacer/porter/ general supporter role which is something I've done before. If you want a full on navigator I must point out that I haven't fulfilled this role before. I can navigate OK and have done plenty of mountain marathons, lots of winter mountaineering etc and have recced/supported all the BG legs in one way or another, some more than once, but I would still need to put some more specific recceing in with one of the experts who knows all the extra trods etc to feel fully happy I was doing right by you if you want me to navigate. I'm also a climber and have roped Broad Stand for people a couple of times if that would be a better use to put me to. Let me know your thoughts when they come together, it's in my diary

cheers, Paul

I'm still short of some support to make sure that my attempt goes ahead. The night time leg 2, scheduled to start at 11pm on Friday night is particularly lacking. If anyone is available for that slot, or has a friend, or a friend of a friend...
    Maybe I'm panicking a bit, but I don't want to leave it too much longer - there are obviously lots of attempts and other events going around that time.

I've registered the attempt

Leg 1 starts 7pm Friday

Could everyone with offers of help PM me with leg preferences then I can organise a list.

I'm aware of two potentials for you, Mark. We have been training together. I'll let you know hopefully later in the week at the latest. One's in Germany so I can't get hold of him yet.

Hopefully, touch wood, my attempt is on course to go ahead. I have enough support for each leg, but very little margin for injuries, etc.
    You are cordially invited to come along on any leg and I'll get you a couple of beers in in the pub in keswick. By the way, can anyone recommend a good BG celebration venue in keswick?

Leg 1 starts 7pm Friday

Hi Mark,

How are you doing for support runners now? I have previously (very briefly) discussed this with you on the L100 forum (WetterIsBetter). If I can be of assistance then I would like to help out. I am away from work at the moment so would need to double check the dates when I return early next week. I am doing a recce of the course next weekend (my first recce of the course). My running is good, and I can navigate fine but I would rather leave that to someone with more experience of the route to prevent any mistakes that will cost you. If there is a space I can fill let me know and I will check my work when I get back in.