Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saucony-Peregrine

Saucony-Peregrine

http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/pro...11.htm?brand=1
    I anyone using these ?
    Top rated and reveiwed shoe.
    I have suffered from PF inthe past and are concerend that the heel may be a little low.
    Any feedback would be very much appreiciated .
    regards
    Mark

Re: Saucony-Peregrine

I haven't tried it but i have read that it has the same arch support as the Kinvara, which is a disadvantage for me.

Just acquired my pair from Pete Blands. Found my longer 3 peaks recces were tough on my sore feet (plantar fasciitis) with the otherwise excellent Mudclaws. Hope these will be a compromise between some bit of cushioning and grip. Will post a report soon.

Thanks for the replies
    I look forward to hearing your review TR .
    regards
    Mark

Threerock do you feel there is arch support?

I'm just wearing them on some errands today. Will be running in anger in them this Thursday or Friday. 1st impression is good fit for my foot and moderate arch support. I have a high volume (wide and tall) foot with high arches, and tend to go for neutral road shoes (eg Asics Cumulus). I like reasonable arch support but don't need anti-pronation gubbins. Will try to remember to post proper review at the end of the week.

Review as promised
    Did a 20.7 miler in the Peregrines yesterday, 1.5 X PenyGhent and a bit of boggy running behind the hill, and up and down Ingleborough.
    Good points:-
    Good grip in bog
    No blisters pretty much straight out of the box
    Seems, for my feet anyway, to be a little more cushioned than the Inov8 roclite, I have moderate plantar fasciitis and wasnt crying at the end of the run (my longest run ever)
    Not many bad points, but I did find myself pronating on the left ankle (I normallly dont pronate ever) but it was only the left side, and I was still recovering after a hard race on Sunday so I am tempted to think that the problem was me and not the shoe - towards the end of the run, my foot seemed to have learned how to use the shoe and it wasn't really happening any more.
    Sole clogged a little with mud, but don't think there is a trail shoe that doesn't.
    All in all, probably an ideal shoe for races like the 3 peaks, or long runs where there will be plenty of hardpack and rock. Question mark over suitability for severe pronator.
    (Very dry conditions yesterday so performance on wet rock wasn't tested.)
    End of review.

I tried a pair on Saturday morning. They are extremely narrow. No way could I run in a pair of these, which is a shame because for my occasional forays into road running I'm a big fan of the Kinvara, which this shoe is based upon.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Last comment about narrowness shows how weirdly individual peoples' feet are. I have a wide and tall forefoot (need wide to ultrawide in work leather shoes) and the Peregrines felt fine over a 20 mile fell run fresh out of the box. I definitely don't go for a racer's "toes squashed in the toebox" tight fit though....

Quote Originally Posted by threerock View Post
    Last comment about narrowness shows how weirdly individual peoples' feet are. I have a wide and tall forefoot (need wide to ultrawide in work leather shoes) and the Peregrines felt fine over a 20 mile fell run fresh out of the box. I definitely don't go for a racer's "toes squashed in the toebox" tight fit though....
    Good point. Although as I've mentioned on other threads before, I do have Hobbit feet.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.