Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saucony-Peregrine

Re: Saucony-Peregrine

Finally heard back from Saucony and they said:

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with your latest pair of Saucony’s, we have not heard of any problems with the Peregrine.

If you are concerned your first point of call is to return your Saucony’s to the shop from where they were purchased so they can assess the shoes in store and if necessary contact us.

Suppose that's standard really, but since they're their product you expect a bit more help. Certainly wasn't told to go back to the shop by Mountain Equipment when I had a problem with my tent.

I was going to get some road shoes by Saucony as well...

Will maybe look at the Trail Rocs for my next trail shoes as they sound very good.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Hi Josh, incorrect statement from Saucony saying theyve had no problem with peregrine ,sent my pair back about a year ago with holes and stitching problems on uppers, did this via shop i bought em from [accelerate shef] when i showed them to shop owner Stuart he said they shouldnt be in that state considering amount of tread still left and took it up with Saucony salesman ,which in all fairness they replaced them with newer version which im still wearing, not sure what mileage ive done but must be upwards of 500 mile and no probs with em, like you said i think you have to go via the shop re. complaints

Master

I had the same problem with my first (blue) pair. the stitching cam undone after 60 miles but I had that re stitched, thanks to PB sports and their great service. After a couiple of more trips out in Peak District terrain the uppers ript from the sole and again PB Sports in conjunction with Saucony changed the shoes for me. I now have the shiny mark 2's which I hopw are tougher even if they dont look so good, red sole looks a bit dodgy!
    LFF I think its best to go via your retailer and I know PB sports are always really helpful as I am sure Accelerate are. I think then saucony usually are too.

Hi,

Thanks for that both. Sounds like it might be worth trying to take it further with the shop then.

Cheers.

I didn't take it any further with the shop in the end, but did manage to get a good few hundred miles out of them before they've become a bit of a mess.

Have now bought the Peregine 2s and they seem a bit better made around the problem area so am hoping they won't suffer from the same issues.

After my first two runs in them I've got to say they feel great. 7.2 miles last night on hard-packed snowy/icy trails.

I was considering the Inov8 Trail Rocs, but for £50 I'd really recommend the Peregrines, and when I come to get a pair of shoes for races, I'll probably go for the Kinvara Trails over Inov8 again (the tread seems a bit less deep on them so maybe suited to more summery runs).

Have always been happy with Inov8, but when there are really good alternatives for a lot less money, I'll go for them.