Thread: Baildon Boundary Wy Race Entry

Baildon Boundary Wy Race Entry

Buyer wanted for my entry to this prestigious multi-terrain half marathon from Baildon on Sunday 10th April. Very popular - entries closed months ago. I'm not absolutely sure entries are transferable, as Baildon Runners haven't answered my emails yet, but Multiterrainer says they probably are HERE (post 27).
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Re: Baildon Boundary Wy Race E

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Buyer wanted for my entry to this prestigious multi-terrain half marathon from Baildon on Sunday 10th April. Very popular - entries closed months ago. I'm not absolutely sure entries are transferable, as Baildon Runners haven't answered my emails yet, but Multiterrainer says they probably are HERE (post 27).
    Ahem!! Antisocial says - I'm sure he's right but I don't want to take the credit!!

Shame you cannot make it now Alexandra.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Ahem!! Antisocial says - I'm sure he's right but I don't want to take the credit!!

Shame you cannot make it now Alexandra.
    Oh dear, apologies and thanks to both. 2 very lively contributers to the Forums AND local-ish to Leeds, is all I can offer as excuse. I'm disappointed not to be doing my first ever half marathon, but it just wasn't working out in many different ways. I've had a great time training for it, though, and learned a lot about HOW to train which I wouldn't have discovered without that incentive.

Alexandra - there is a walk version - can you/ would you want to transfer to the walk? (maybe cheekily throwing in some jogs at whim?)

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    Alexandra - there is a walk version - can you/ would you want to transfer to the walk? (maybe cheekily throwing in some jogs at whim?)
    Thanks, Ratfink. I did wonder about that, but it isn't only my less than satisfactory training that is the problem. There are many, too complicated to go into. One is that due to the appalling state of public transport on Sundays, to get to the start of the race for the run I would have to catch two airport buses, with a wait in between in Yeadon. It simply wouldn't be possible to get there an hour earlier for the walk start.

They do allow transfers as I gave my number to a clubmate last year - you need to ask them for the transfer form, then the person that wants your number sends that and an SAE to get the number (or takes it with them on the day, if the number has already been issued).

I've dug out the form they sent me and attached it, if it works!
    Last edited by Fishy; 21-03-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
    They do allow transfers as I gave my number to a clubmate last year - you need to ask them for the transfer form, then the person that wants your number sends that and an SAE to get the number (or takes it with them on the day, if the number has already been issued).

I've dug out the form they sent me and attached it, if it works!
    Thanks very much, Fishy. The confirmation that they do allow swaps is very welcome. The form you attached is Read Only, so I'd still need to get one from Baildon Runners - which given they are not replying to my emails may be a problem. Anyway, so far no-one has shown any interest in taking over my entry. I'll try offering it elsewhere, now I know how things stand.

Is this place still going Alexandra? I have a mate that would fancy running it. PM me if you still want rid and I'll sort stuff out. (remind me how much it cost as well as I can't remember)

If anyone continues to have difficulty contacting Baildon Runners, pm me and I'll see what I can do.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    If anyone continues to have difficulty contacting Baildon Runners, pm me and I'll see what I can do.
    Thanks very much. Actually, Baildon Runners have sent me a swap form, which I have successfully printed out, so things are looking quite promising (crossed fingers!)