Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Coiners

Master
    I see the results are up and they have results for those who completed the prescribed course and another set of results for those who did the 'short course'! Surely those who did the short course should be DQ as they went wrong and there was no such race as a short race!
    Some of us who went wrong turned around and did the proper course. If I had known they were going to create a second short race I wouldn't have turned round but just carried on. Surely the organisers now should compile a third race for those who did the 'long' course!

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman
    I see the results are up and they have results for those who completed the prescribed course and another set of results for those who did the 'short course'! Surely those who did the short course should be DQ as they went wrong and there was no such race as a short race!
    Some of us who went wrong turned around and did the proper course. If I had known they were going to create a second short race I wouldn't have turned round but just carried on. Surely the organisers now should compile a third race for those who did the 'long' course!
    That was me who listed those results Corniceman and put them on the website. I thought those who did the wrong route might like to know how long they took and see who the people they were racing against were. I called it "short route" rather than "short race" to show that it wasn't the actual race. All the prizes were awarded based on those who did the correct route.
    For what its worth, if I miss the correct route on a race I would 100% turn around and do the proper course, otherwise I would feel completely deflated.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Master
    Thanks Bill and I totally understand. I did have a great day and doing the extra bit gave me that extra training incentive after nearly a year out. I too would always turn round or complete the actual course as not to would leave me deflated too. Good luck to CVFR.

Glad you enjoyed it Corniceman. It's always a good day with the junior races too.
    PS: I meant I put the results on the CVFR website, not the FRA website - just in case Brett's reading this!!

For anyone coming to the Coiners race on bank holiday Monday:

The Mytholmroyd Community Centre has not yet recovered from the floods and won't be open.
    So we'll still be parking there, but registration will be on the start/finish field (that'll please running parents of juniors who used to have to go to the field to register the juniors then back to the MCC to register themselves).
    It also means there won't be any toilets.
    And since there won't be any power, we won't be able to print off results on the day - but they'll be on the website asap.

The other change is an enforced route change because of ground nesting birds.
    So as you approach Stoodley Pike we won't be doing the descent to the right to London Road. Instead we'll be going straight to the Pike and round it. In fact that's what the leaders mistakenly did last year!

Full details: http://www.cvfr.co.uk/races/coiners/

Let me know if you need a hand with anything Bill.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dantodman View Post
    Let me know if you need a hand with anything Bill.
    Dan
    Thanks Dan. Its Rob Rawlinson organising the seniors race and Al the juniors. I'll pass on your offer to them.

Correction: there will be toilets tomorrow - we've ordered a couple of portaloos for the start/finish/registration field

Coiners race this bank holiday Monday...

Normally we park in the Mytholmroyd Community Centre, but most of the carpark there has been commandeered by the Environment Agency for their plant for the major flood prevention works being done in the town. There's not much room left.

So instead parking will be in a parking area to the south of the A646 between Mytholmroyd and Hebden Bridge. It should be signed off the road.
    This parking area is normally sealed off, but we have permission to use it for the race.
    Details on the race webpage: http://www.cvfr.co.uk/races/coiners/

Sharing transport where possible would be good though!