Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Coiners

Re: Coiners 4 May

Quote Originally Posted by Toots View Post
    Did the first one,I think it was the first one anyway...do you still get a slate coaster for finishing?If I remember rightly it was a belting race,is it still the same course?.
    If I am right then the Coiners was reborn a few years ago so it may have been the first one of the reborn era. This years is the same route as last year which now starts in the field on the left of the road and not the football pitch. This has brought it in line with the junior start field. Get there early and watch some of the juniors as its a English Championships so there will be some cracking racing.
    Ne organisers this year so give them some support as you are right its a cracker.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

Does anyone know if any other senior race photos exist from previous years apart from Stringman's couple of photos from 2007 on the CVFR website?

Cheers
    MT

This is in the local clubs fell race grand prix so should be a good turn out.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

I just found out about the race - this was the route that the Calder Valley fell runners took on Tuesday evening's club run, I chickened out due to the lousy weather! Anyway, I intend to be there on Monday and to do the race. It should be a good day, the weather forecast isn't great, but it isn't promising to bucket down either.

Euan

I am planning on taking my sister here today, shes not into racing more interested in going for a pub lunch...

Whats the name of the pub you will all be falling into?

See you there! x
    Last edited by NirvanaBliss; 04-05-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    I am planning on taking my sister here today, shes not into racing more interested in going for a pub lunch...

Whats the name of the pub you will all be falling into?

See you there! x

Good question NB - at a guess probably the Shoulder of Mutton just around the corner from the Community Centre.

I need to make a decision in the next couple of hours on whether to race or do a long run from home esp as achilles been a bit sore this last week and have more important club 'Runner of the Year' races coming up over next 4-5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Good question NB - at a guess probably the Shoulder of Mutton just around the corner from the Community Centre.

I need to make a decision in the next couple of hours on whether to race or do a long run from home esp as achilles been a bit sore this last week and have more important club 'Runner of the Year' races coming up over next 4-5 weeks.
    Well go watch the race, see you in the Shoulder of Mutton!!!

You probably won't know i am in there as you probably don't know who i am LOL!
    Last edited by NirvanaBliss; 04-05-2009 at 09:56 AM.

disco stan

Everyone will know you after you've talked them all to death. Lol
    Don't forget to set off in plenty of time, driving miss Daisy.

Quote Originally Posted by disco stan View Post
    Everyone will know you after you've talked them all to death. Lol
    Don't forget to set off in plenty of time, driving miss Daisy.
    DS, i will shock you all one day and not speak, oy we are setting off at 11.30am for a sat nav experience!!!

I think everyone from fra that is going to this race, should wear a badge in the pub, cos last time i was asking people are they from the fra and they just looked at me very dumbly!!!
    Last edited by NirvanaBliss; 04-05-2009 at 10:10 AM.

I'm out of it unfortunately. Got a cold, high temperature and all that. Also I could do a good impression of Lee Marvin right now! My wife has told me in no uncertain terms that I'm not doing it, so that's that then!

Have a good run everyone!

Euan