Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Coiners

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Many thanks to all involved for today's race. I would like to give a massive thanks to fellow race participant Mark Wharton who very kindly lent me a pair of fell shoes to run in. I'd only decided to race today at the last minute and in a fluster forgot to pack my mudclaws. I was ready to run in my walking shoes until Mark became my knight in shining CVFA vest. I just about managed to squeeze my feet into Mark's 2 sizes small shoes and paid for it on all the decent....big toes took a right hammering. Thanks again Mark, I have a bottle of wine here with your name on it.... Cheers.
    Your welcome mate. I'll return the toenails you left in them next time I see you.

Nice race today legs still tired though,I followed the leaders and missed out the climb up to pike,didn't know what to do at point should of gone down so just went into lemming mode

Master
    A bit gutted today as didn't know route and followed leaders to summit before then going back down and following proper race route. Its a long way to come from Notts to make a pigs ear of things. The point on the route where you plunge down before climbing to the monument isn't that obvious and I know the eventual race winner told me he only dropped down because a previous race organiser told him that he needed to do so and all the rest of the field had gone wrong! Perhaps a marshal at that cross roads next year to save other first timers the same embarrassment. Glad I decided to finish unlike some who threw in the towel and a good training run if nothing else!

enjoyed that today - Slug Clan outing, beautiful day, working my way back to fitness chugging along towards the rear - great to see Manhar marshalling

that descent/reascent before Stoodley Pike is clearly marked on the map, so I knew to go down even though I was leading my own mini-group and nobody visible ahead - although I was surprised there was no marshal there
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

I managed to go the right way because this guy called Andy Gibbons explained the route to me beforehand.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Andy think I was just 1 place behind you at that point & we both knew the right way but it was a no win situation imo - follow the leaders and cut short the race or go the right way and run the 2nd half no longer in a proper race. Then there was the question of would anyone behind follow if we'd gone the right way, we could have ended up running with nobody a few minutes either side which wasn't what we went for.....

In hindsight I do wish I'd gone the right way though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bog Beast View Post
    Andy think I was just 1 place behind you at that point & we both knew the right way but it was a no win situation imo - follow the leaders and cut short the race or go the right way and run the 2nd half no longer in a proper race. Then there was the question of would anyone behind follow if we'd gone the right way, we could have ended up running with nobody a few minutes either side which wasn't what we went for.....

Was you in a Holmfirth vest pal ? I was in Bingley hoops

Quote Originally Posted by Bog Beast View Post

Was you in a Holmfirth vest pal ? I was in Bingley hoops

Yeah that's the one mate.

Nearly snuck up on you at the end !