Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Compression shorts

Re: Compression shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    My Sigvaris socks have developed a hole in the heel - not at all welcome given the price. I have Emailed the supplier but silence so far.
    Compression stockings don't last forever. (Another reason to get them on prescription.) I think NHS patients are expected to make them last 3-4 months of daily wear - but I guess most NHS patients wearing compression stockings don't run very far in them.

By the way, shouldn't we be having this discussion on the Compression Socks, Compression Clothing or Calf Compression Socks/Sleeves thread? The moderators seem to have missed this proliferation of threads on the one topic - it could benefit by being streamlined into one IMO.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 22-10-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Master

Given their price - little change from £50 - it is disappointing they lasted less than 8 months - or am I being unrealistic?

Given their price - little change from £50 - it is disappointing they lasted less than 8 months - or am I being unrealistic?
    How many times did you wear them? Did you wash them by hand (or in a machine with a few other light items on a coolish setting) and dry them flat? I forgot to say that NHS patients are prescribed 2 pairs to last them 3-4 months, so only 1.5-2 months per pair. Eventually all elastic loses its strength. I have also found that some of my stockings have shrunk, probably due to the fact that in order to get the suncream out of them I have to wash them in hotter water than ideal. If you can't persuade your GP to prescribe them for you, it would still be worth looking at the Scholl class 2 off the peg stockings to see if they will fit you. They would cost a lot less than £50.

Master

No idea how many runs I did in them - but "lots" - as I do like them. Will check out the Scholls.

can speak highly enough of the compressort stuff i have bought. superb compression better than any i have tried and really well made. i bought the low ankle socks and the silicone calf guards. ill be buying more stuff from them.
    dont know where im going, dont know where ive been, all im doing is running, running to have fun.

My Sigvaris socks have developed a hole in the heel - not at all welcome given the price. I have Emailed the supplier but silence so far.
    I have just re-read this, and I do think an actual hole is a bit much. I wear my compression stockings all day and every day, and I do have a tendency to rub my heels, but they have never come anywhere near developing a hole - a bit of abrasion is the most, and usually not that. I would get after those Sigvaris people.

Master

Northern Lymphology regard a hole in the heel as normal wear and tear after 7 months or so - the message seems to be buy a different product.