Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Bamford Sheepdog trials

Well done Anthony.... i read on facebook that "significant numbers went the wrong way on the descent..."

I wonder if this bumped you up the field?

Still time to get your entry in for Four Fans now that you're on form.....!!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Well done Anthony.... i read on facebook that "significant numbers went the wrong way on the descent..."

I wonder if this bumped you up the field?

Still time to get your entry in for Four Fans now that you're on form.....!!
    The results haven't come out yet, so I still have no idea of my finishing position. I did hear people in the finish field talking about having gone the wrong way; I was under the impression that they were people who were behind me anyway. Marshalls and tape were fairly sparse around the course, but with around 250 starters, there was usually someone in view ahead of me - and they were going the right way!

Towards the end of the descent I was passed by a small female runner in a Matlock AC vest, and I heard a spectator telling her that she was in the top 5 women. On hitting the flat track back to Bamford, she set off at an amazing speed. Any idea who that might be, Llani?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    The results haven't come out yet, so I still have no idea of my finishing position. I did hear people in the finish field talking about having gone the wrong way; I was under the impression that they were people who were behind me anyway. Marshalls and tape were fairly sparse around the course, but with around 250 starters, there was usually someone in view ahead of me - and they were going the right way!

Towards the end of the descent I was passed by a small female runner in a Matlock AC vest, and I heard a spectator telling her that she was in the top 5 women. On hitting the flat track back to Bamford, she set off at an amazing speed. Any idea who that might be, Llani?
    I don't know Anthony but Matlock AC did have a few runners competing, with Dan Howarth coming home first in a new course record.
    Regarding runners "having gone the wrong way" one of our RATRunners was telling us on Thursday evening, that he, earlier in the day had gone the wrong way by going left at a fork in the path on the descent, near a photographer, when he should have gone right. He was at the sharper end of the race, top 15, when it happened so not only runners behind you messed up. He ended up on the old railway line nearer Yorkshire Bridge than he should have, adding half a mile to his race.
    The funniest thing about it was that he also told us that he made exactly the same mistake the last time he did the race.

What a doughnut! He is an engineer by trade but when let loose in the outdoors is one of those people that has no sense of direction or visual recollection of where he has been!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I too heard of someone going the wrong way. I nearly went wrong twice, but managed to stay on the course and was very pleased with my category prize of a lovely lemon cake.

I'd forgotten what a long way it is before the steep climb is reached, and how much of that long flat section you have to run on the return.

Thanks to the organisers - a very enjoyable day out.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    The results are out now. Well done Noel, although it is quite unusual these days for the winning M40 to be as far down the field as 10th. Also unusual these days is for me to be in the top half of the results list in a fell race. But strangest of all is that there were two M70's ahead of the first M60; so I was second M60, but fourth finisher aged 60 years or over.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Well done Noel, although it is quite unusual these days for the winning M40 to be as far down the field as 10th.
    Thank you. Yes, it either shows what a quality field it was, or that no very fast V40s turned up - you decide.

Tough at the top of the V70 field. Mick beaten by Howard by 5 seconds.