Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Bamford Sheepdog trials

It was a good day. The hubby ran it and I sat on the event field awaiting his return drinking wine :-) I did go and hold open the 1st gate on the Touchstone trail though so as to do my bit :-) How many ran? Our Club said it was 155 but I thought I saw results for 166?
    Last edited by RaceTheSweeper; 28-05-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    great turn-out of over 160 on this one yesterday
    nice "testing" ascent of Parkin Clough and splendid fast run-off
    lovely atmosphere around the trial grounds, including beer stand with no queue
    would deffo do this one again

oh, and I've got photos of the results if anyone's interested...
    Yes, me too, would definately do again, enjoyed this race
    Would appreciate seeing results photos, have sent you PM
    Cheers

Never under estimate the power of the darkside of the fells.

Anybody local who can confirm this race is still on next Monday?

The Bamford website is a little low on details, however the race is shown on this website's calendar and the Dark Peak calendar....

Thinking I might take my chances and make this my first race, even though the distance is a little short for my liking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Anybody local who can confirm this race is still on next Monday?

The Bamford website is a little low on details, however the race is shown on this website's calendar and the Dark Peak calendar....

Thinking I might take my chances and make this my first race, even though the distance is a little short for my liking!!
    Don't worry the climbing and speed will make up for the lack of distance..

Speed and technique, the two areas I'm most lacking..! As opposed to endurance and navigation where I'd feel slightly more comfortable... But it will be nice to get race experience..

My husband runs his dog at these trials. Every year I go with the intention to run, and every year I bottle it!
    I'm aiming to run it on Monday (it'll be my first fell race too) but my nerves are already getting the better of me!

I took some pics of the Bamford race today. Here they are.

Everyone except the frontrunner detoured around the marked direct line on the descent where I was waiting camera in hand, so I missed most of the top 10. Plenty of others though.

My first fell race today at Bamford. In true running tradition I got my excuses in early, with blisters, trail shoes, etc, all getting a worthy mention. But despite all that I set a 'thumb in the air' target of around 40mins... actually came home in 41:22, 59th out of 180-odd

Got a bit penned in at the start behind some slower runners on the narrow lane, but managed to find my way through and settled into a group of about 10 runners. The exceptionally steep ascent up Parkin Clough suited me as I guess it dragged the other more technical runners around me, down to my level...!!

the first 100 yards of steep descent threw me a bit, and 4 or 5 runners flew straight past me, but I then found my feet a bit and only lost 1 more place before hitting the level again, and made a couple of places back up on the final 3/4 of a mile back to the finish line...

Overall pretty happy with that, will be back next year hopefully with more experience and hoping to knock a good few minutes off my time...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    My first fell race today at Bamford. In true running tradition I got my excuses in early, with blisters, trail shoes, etc, all getting a worthy mention. But despite all that I set a 'thumb in the air' target of around 40mins... actually came home in 41:22, 59th out of 180-odd

Got a bit penned in at the start behind some slower runners on the narrow lane, but managed to find my way through and settled into a group of about 10 runners. The exceptionally steep ascent up Parkin Clough suited me as I guess it dragged the other more technical runners around me, down to my level...!!

the first 100 yards of steep descent threw me a bit, and 4 or 5 runners flew straight past me, but I then found my feet a bit and only lost 1 more place before hitting the level again, and made a couple of places back up on the final 3/4 of a mile back to the finish line...

Overall pretty happy with that, will be back next year hopefully with more experience and hoping to knock a good few minutes off my time...
    Did you have a DP vest on? no 12?

I finished 2.30 minutes ahead of you but if yuou were at the prize giving I was the guy on the bike and had a white DP vest on