Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acupunture - anyone had it in

Re: Acupunture - anyone had it

ok, just got back from the first Acupuncture session. not nice to be honest.

I had a total of 6 around the knee area, 1 in the foot & 1 in-between the big toe.

some didn't hurt but the 1 in the quad was tender (apparently due to tight quads). but they worked there way back out a little so the physio had to push them back in a few times (which is the unpleasant part)

next week he'll start the "pecking" in the tendon to create the bleeds.

I also had the first appointment with a bio-mechanic. I have arthritis in my toe (out of a 60degrees of normal moment "up & down" I only have 20degrees).

I over pronate quite bad. on a scale of 0-12 (with 12 being completely flat footed & the worst pronator) I'm around a 9 (apparently I looked much worse when she was viewing me from the back).

So I'll have some nice new orthotic insoles in around 3weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I had accupunture for an achilles injury. Haven't been troubled by it since. I probably need 'whole body accupuncture' at the moment!!
    I will go along with that - maybe we have the same genes (think we can both manage a pint as well ).
    Also had acupunture on achilles (cracking entertainment when she just places it ever so slightly wrong!!). Like Dominion, rest of my body could do with a few needles, could only improve matters.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    You could make the same case for ultrasound. Nothing but anecdotal evidence.

I've had ultrasound and acupuncture. Acupuncture has been way, way more effective.

<pedantry>
    I believe there is only clinical/anecdotal evidence for ultrasound on soft tissue damage, but actual evidence when youre talking about bone damage
    </pedantry>

well I did'nt really notice any difference - so they stopped it after 4 goes!

I had acupunture a number of years ago for a back complaint. Worked for me. Doctor laid me face down on the couch put a needle in the back of my knee and one in my buttock swiddled the needles and left me for 20mins. Never felt so relaxed, removed them and pain subsided and went within days. would I have it again....yes