Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Royal Wedding

What are you doing to dodge the Royal Wedding on Saturday? I'm doing Cadair Idris which starts at 1pm so by the time I get back to Dolgellau it will be all over bar the shouting!
    Apparently wedding guests have been given a list of items that are banned which includes, mobile phones, devices that can take photo's, knives, swords, but interestingly GPS is not on the banned list. At least the guests will be able to find Windsor Castle if the clag or smog comes down!

This has really made me chuckle

A fell race (which one as yet is undecided) then a stag do at a beer festival

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    What are you doing to dodge the Royal Wedding on Saturday? I'm doing Cadair Idris which starts at 1pm so by the time I get back to Dolgellau it will be all over bar the shouting!
    Apparently wedding guests have been given a list of items that are banned which includes, mobile phones, devices that can take photo's, knives, swords, but interestingly GPS is not on the banned list. At least the guests will be able to find Windsor Castle if the clag or smog comes down!
    Mount Famine for me (provided East Midlands Trains, Northern Rail and my bicycle get me there on time). And my wife is going to have a girlie day out with some of her friends to watch the Shen Yun Chinese dance company at the ICC in Birmingham. And she will need a GPS; with her navigational skills, she wouldn't be able to find Birmingham, let alone locate the ICC.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    I didn’t know till today it was this coming weekend. Not difficult - we don’t have a tv and if we don’t listen to the radio it’ll be like it’s not happening. We’ll be out all day anyway most likely

Well I'm going to watch it and plan to enjoy it thoroughly

The day of Diana's funeral, I went out on a very long bike ride in the West Pennine Moors. I dropped into a shop to get some grub and the bloke there had the TV on and told me, "you should be at home watching this". My reply "That is why I am out".

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    The day of Diana's funeral, I went out on a very long bike ride in the West Pennine Moors. I dropped into a shop to get some grub and the bloke there had the TV on and told me, "you should be at home watching this". My reply "That is why I am out".
    Similar experience myself out in the Shropshire Hills - I remember it was a lovely day and not a soul to be seen. Lovely stuff.

I was planning to be doing Buttermere Sailbeck but had an accident last weekend whilst out running (and lost quite a lot of flesh in the process.) As, I am now struggling to get up and down stairs at home, I doubt the race and 300 mile round trip are on the cards. Cycling is out too so may have to make do with a little light gardening, weather permitting. Otherwise, I will be sticking some loud music on (to drown out the tele as the wife will be watching it) and decorating the spare bedroom. The loft could do with a clear out too...
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Similar experience myself out in the Shropshire Hills - I remember it was a lovely day and not a soul to be seen. Lovely stuff
    That is correct, it was cold but a lovely clear day.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I went out for a not particularly long bike ride. I stopped at Breedon-on-the-Hill, and was gazing out at the view from near the church, at the top of the hill. There was another bloke up there, doing the same. We briefly smiled at each other; without exchanging any words, we both knew why we were up there.

That date was at one stage pencilled in for my wedding; although in the end we settled for a date 5 weeks earlier.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges