Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Langdale Marathon 2007

Re: Great Langdale Marathon 20

Hi,
    I did the full a couple of years ago and it was one of the most scenic marathons I've - very enjoyable, despite the fact it was like a furnace!
    I remember watching the helicopter land - I think it was for the guy who finished second, although I heard he was carried across the line by his mates.....

Have entered again this year and have persuaded my girlfriend to do the half - muhaha.....

Quote Originally Posted by hairier half View Post
    Hi,
    I did the full a couple of years ago and it was one of the most scenic marathons I've - very enjoyable, despite the fact it was like a furnace!
    I remember watching the helicopter land - I think it was for the guy who finished second, although I heard he was carried across the line by his mates.....
    thats right I remember, then his position was not honoured as he was assisted to finish the race
    Quote Originally Posted by hairier half View Post
    Have entered again this year and have persuaded my girlfriend to do the half - muhaha.....
    Hope you threw your head backwards and your arms out wide with that laugh! I presume she wasn't there the last time you ran it otherwise she may have had second thoughts, eh?
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?

Lol - no she wasn't, although I did tell her that it's not exactly a walk in the park.....I think the description of the scenery as one goes round sold it to her
    She's taking it as a training run, so I'm sure she'll be fine.......besides, I know an air ambulance can get there very quickly