Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aqua Running

Aqua Running

After doing the Anni Waltz on saturday and walking miles in the lakes on Sunday. I opted out of the doing a road race in Rochdale in the mindset that my legs will be knackered and ill have a crap run. Plus my knee was niggling away.

I went to an Aqua Running session at Darwen Leisure centre, it was brill. It lasted an hour and was broken down into a number timed efforts. It was instructor led by an hyper active young lady with a headset on shouting instructions to us (not usually my thing).

Like anything it was get out what you put in but I managed to get a really good running workout without bothering the knee too much.

Has anyone done this whilst injured, part of their training or just for a change. I thoroughly recommend it for injured runners to keep fit.

The true test will be tommorow if the legs feel worked.

Cheers
    Jamie

Re: Aqua Running

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post
    After doing the Anni Waltz on saturday and walking miles in the lakes on Sunday. I opted out of the doing a road race in Rochdale in the mindset that my legs will be knackered and ill have a crap run. Plus my knee was niggling away.

I went to an Aqua Running session at Darwen Leisure centre, it was brill. It lasted an hour and was broken down into a number timed efforts. It was instructor led by an hyper active young lady with a headset on shouting instructions to us (not usually my thing).

Like anything it was get out what you put in but I managed to get a really good running workout without bothering the knee too much.

Has anyone done this whilst injured, part of their training or just for a change. I thoroughly recommend it for injured runners to keep fit.

The true test will be tommorow if the legs feel worked.

Cheers
    Jamie

My word Jamie-you are such a bloody woman!:w00t:

Was the instructer fit? Only reason i can see for you being there!:wink:

Many regards my friend

Baz
    Still too heavy to run

My giddy aunt are you still alive pal? - I heard you had totally Charlie Sheened it.

Are you running, bet you'll still beat me - you arse

You got your big daddy costume ready for tomorrow. (Royal Wedding)

Drop me a PM with your number, theres another wedding at the end of the month. Get involved.
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 28-04-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Hey fellows, is there any chance of resuming the old vit-c banter from an earlier time?
    That was a classic thread!
    Hills and Guinness!

Its been years since we have been on the forum guys. It takes an embarassing thread like vit c or aqua running to get baz out of bed these days.

Lets get the royal wedding out the way and see what happens.

For the record not had a cold since the vit c thread must have worked.

Hope your back in action baz pal used to love chasing you over them hills.

Cheers
    Jamie

You've got me totally intrigued about the Vit-C thread. Am off to see if its lurking on the forum anywhere.

I did aquajogging once. I felt pretty daft but it was a brilliant work out and not as easy as it looks.

Its a load of sh*t tbh.

Now imagine loading up on vit c and going aqua jogging.

I didnt race again for two years after that thread. People pointing at races and stuff.

Baz he just went onto be better things.

Me i just walked the hills with carrier bags as gaiters

Ha Ha Jamie-you still bloody crack me up!

Charlie Sheened it? Well i watched an interview with him the other day and can honestly say i never got that bad!

After splitting with my ex and trying to start a new life including arguing over reasonable access to my children i struggled a bit. Running always helped with the stress but then last year i just fell out with it-cannot understand why.

Too much booze and crap food in the last few months has not left me in best condition! (Not that i was ever that good!)

Anyway cut a long story short, 2 days ago i went for my first run in 6 months. It wasnt pretty as you can imagine-6 miles mostly on the flat. Yesterday 30 mins including a few 30 second sprints just trying to remind my body that it does know how to do this!

Can honestly say it felt amazing to be out doing something that i loved so much. Im 15.5 stone now Jamie!!!! Psychologically ive manged to get my head round the fact that im starting from scratch. This was important because as daft as it sounds if i think back to the way i was fitness wise, i think its in danger of putting me off altogether.

But that wont happen because im determined to just enjoy and build gradually.

I'll soon be racing again-i have no doubts at all-last 2 days has made me realise just how much i really do miss it.

Aqua running and vit c supplements?

You really are i pioneer my friend...

See you at a race shortly!
    Still too heavy to run

Good work BBB! Definitely the right thing, not expecting to just be back where you were - that has stopped me running altogether in the past. Hope all goes well, enjoy getting back there.

As for exes and access to kids. Grrrr. Don't get me started (not mine, my other half). Currently I am sat typing something in a box on an internet forum instead of running, because she is deciding today is the day she will flex her muscles of power and ruin our day (again). BUT I will run another day I suppose.

Well, I did find the Vit-C thread and it kept me entertained when I should have been doing something else. Cheers.

Good luck with your running BBB. Sounds like you've got a good positive attitude.