Page 23 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowdon Race

Re: snowdon race 2007

Quote Originally Posted by brand View Post
    For God's Sake!!!!! No one took my picture and now there isn't a DVD. I'am gonna get an agent and then sack him.
    Highlights on S4C again tonight 22.32.

Highlights it is then.

Did you have a special route Swoop? I saw you going cross country on the descent.

DVD availability- We could do with someone recording it from SKY to a DVD recorder tonight? At least someone will have a DVD available of it in the likely hood SC4 will not be selling a Race DVD? Perhaps someone has already done that?

Quote Originally Posted by brand View Post
    Highlights it is then.
    Did you have a special route Swoop? I saw you going cross country on the descent.
    On the way down I saw a nice grassy descent near the railway line, on the left of the fence, so I followed some walkers across it. It was a bit boggy in places but felt very nice after the hard path. I was lucky that there was a gap in the fence for me to rejoin lower down. I wouldn't advise it for anyone who can descend ok on the path but for a crap descender like me it helped to break the descent up a bit.
    Just found you in the results Brand(on).
    You were 7 minutes behind me at the summit and 2 minutes ahead at the finish!
    Last edited by Swoop; 30-07-2007 at 07:56 PM.

why wasnt andi jones or ian holmes picked for the england team ? selectors made big cock up on this one . where was lloyd taggart ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    I thought the S4C coverage was pretty good last night. May be tempted to buy the DVD this year.

I'm "Photo Of The Week"
    yes you take a good photo fellrunner was actually after photo of simon bailey from our club but like a fool was trying out a new lens for first time!

after i'd messed up first half dozen went back to older lens ! anyway you look good first time i'd photographed a fell race normally do road but will be back for this one had a really good day really enjoyed and will do a few more feel races almost made me want to start running again if only i had time!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    DVD availability- We could do with someone recording it from SKY to a DVD recorder tonight? At least someone will have a DVD available of it in the likely hood SC4 will not be selling a Race DVD? Perhaps someone has already done that?
    Could look at this actually recorded it to my hard drive it anyone wants a home made copy say a £5 a go let me know

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by micktherunner View Post
    yes you take a good photo fellrunner was actually after photo of simon bailey from our club but like a fool was trying out a new lens for first time!

after i'd messed up first half dozen went back to older lens ! anyway you look good first time i'd photographed a fell race normally do road but will be back for this one had a really good day really enjoyed and will do a few more feel races almost made me want to start running again if only i had time!
    I run for Mercia now, so you got the club right & I reckon I'm more photogenic than that Bailey boy .
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lilactime View Post
    why wasnt andi jones or ian holmes picked for the england team ? selectors made big cock up on this one . where was lloyd taggart ?

I believe the selection was made following the Fairfield Race. The England team selector did contact me to let me know I could have a place on the team along with the first three men from Fairfield. As I couldn't commit to the Snowdon Race nine weeks before the event I had to tell him that I couldn't run on the England team. I had entered myself anyway as I know numbers for this race soon go. Can't comment on the fact if Ian Holmes was asked at anytime. What does seem to be a mismatch in the selection process, is between women and mens team selection but this is nothing to do with me so maybe I shouldn't comment.

Not running on the England team cost me and Ian. I won the race and won a picture (all be it a damaged frame picture) If I was n the England team I would have won £200 as well as the international runners have a different prize structure as well. Doesn't make much sense to me that a runner finishing third gets dosh, a rather lot of dosh, and second and first place runners who were wel ahead of the first international runners get no dosh!!!!! But hey, used to silly thing in the running world. Off to decide where to hang my damaged picture!!!!!!!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

well done for winning . and explaining some of the selection processes . as for the womens team christine howard was missing , but i suppose i could go on and on on this one . i had an awesome midplace finish .