Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowdon Race

Re: snowdon race 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Gravymuncher View Post
    Shut it you, there's an up only race and an up and down, so it's a fari question.
    Its a fair question, but if you clicked on the link posted by Dafydd you will have found a useful website with information on it. Anyway, stop wasting time and get entered in to it. I entered months ago to ensure I got a number. Surprized it's not already full by now.

(Fellrunner sp- European)

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Don't you start getting holier than thou wrt spelling .
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

I've entered this ages ago, but have not heard back from them yet, I sent the entry fee off with money for a T-shirt (approx £20.00) This was debited from my account months ago. Does it mean that I got in or are they just going to take my money and not send me a number? Has this happened to anyone else?

Its a fair question, but if you clicked on the link posted by Dafydd you will have found a useful website with information on it. Anyway, stop wasting time and get entered in to it. I entered months ago to ensure I got a number. Surprized it's not already full by now.

The reason I asked the question was that I *may* do the uphill race, but didn't want to enter the up and down by mistake. I know I'm soft, but I'm doing a lot of cycling which makes me strong going up hills, but not doing anything to help with the descending and don't plan to, so thought I might pop an uphill race in if it fits in with things.

PS - Surprised is how it's spelled.

I got an e-mail saying I'd been sucessful in entering nothing through the post though

I think you collect numbers on the day along with tshirts if ordered. It day say something about this matter on the entry form.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus21 View Post
    I got an e-mail saying I'd been sucessful in entering nothing through the post though

I have had no emails either, I have tried to contact them by email but have had no reply, I will try again. On the entry form it asked about races competed in 2006. As I was only doing short distance fell races (6-7 miles max) in preperation for the winter county x-country league - Does this leave me out of contention? Would I have had to compete in longer fell races last year? Did I have to get better times in theses races to qualify? (I'm a top of the mid-pack runner!)

I have entered but will not be able to make it as moving to Dubai. Already put a thread on sales and wants with no replies yet. If anyone wants to take my place, just let me know and I will give you my full name so you can pick the number up free of charge on the day.

I had an email shortly after entering, back at the beginning of Feb

"Thank you for your entry form and fee for the 2007 International Snowdon Race. I am pleased to inform you that your entry has been accepted. "

I had only done one AS, one BM and one AM. So not exactly experienced at that point...made up for it in the last two months though

Its one of those pretty websites that hide all information that might be useful.

Anyone found a link to the route, or information on the distance, ascent, profile, route?
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.