Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowdon Race

Re: snowdon race 2007

Don't you just love 1GB entry forms that ask you to download Adobe Japanese fonts before crashing?
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I have entered but will not be able to make it as moving to Dubai. Already put a thread on sales and wants with no replies yet. If anyone wants to take my place, just let me know and I will give you my full name so you can pick the number up free of charge on the day.
    are you sure youre allowed to do that?wouldnt your unsed number be given to someone that is on a some kind of reserve list?i think that the entry and number is non-transferable

Yes, but how the hell will they know? It just seems race organisers that dont let you give your number away are just trying to make even more money by selling the number, which they have already sold, to someone else.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Yes, but how the hell will they know? It just seems race organisers that dont let you give your number away are just trying to make even more money by selling the number, which they have already sold, to someone else.
    I agree- and I would also hate to deny someone else the chance to run it when the limit is reached. I would rather give it away on the sly.

I agree- and I would also hate to deny someone else the chance to run it when the limit is reached. I would rather give it away on the sly.
    And this also happens at so many big races like GNR, FLM and other Great run series. Often see men and women in the wrong coloured numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Yes, but how the hell will they know?
    If you give your number away for a fell race and do not inform the organisers and the athlete subsequently has a serious accident, who should the organisers announce is the victim or even contact if the individual dies?

Why should athletes be allowed to sell their entries for a profit on ebay?
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

You tell me what the difference is in an athlete giving their number away for a fell race to an athlete giving their number away in say GNR or FLM? People always give numbers away. Ajohns took a number from Pike for the Wilmslow half. Paul Simons from Salford Harriers had a pink number for Wilmslow which were given only to women.

Why should race organisers be allowed to sell something twice?

[quote=XRunner;26824]If you give your number away for a fell race and do not inform the organisers and the athlete subsequently has a serious accident, who should the organisers announce is the victim or even contact if the individual dies?

quote]

You put you emergency contact details on the back of the number anyway. If anything happens your correct details are there for the emergency services.

I'd agree with the "right" to give your number away, having paid for it....but seeing it from the other side as well, why should the organisers put up with having to sort out the results and prizes when the 1st woman home is 6' 2" and 13st and clearly would fail any tests to check they're a woman!?!

The answer is, I think, for race organisers to allow transfers as long as they're told about them. I remember "borrowing" a race number from someone for a race, telling the organisers who then proceeded to give me a whole lot of grief about it......making me wish I hadn;t bothered!
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

You put you emergency contact details on the back of the number anyway. If anything happens your correct details are there for the emergency services.
    And if you are lost on the mountains, the only details the organiser has are from the incorrect entry form.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker