Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowdon Race

Re: Snowdon 2009

supposed to be sunny with showers on sat , and i think we know whos going to win ?

Quote Originally Posted by lilactime View Post
    supposed to be sunny with showers on sat , and i think we know whos going to win ?
    Aye you'd put a lot of money on the winner going on current form, especially since The Mounsey's slip of form since his Mourne mountain run?

Then again you never know who'll turn up for French, Italians or even Slovenians?.....

Looking forward to this one way or another - got a number to run but had the mishap of hurting my back and side at work on Thursday. If no improvement by Wed morning might have to revert to walking up with the camera for photos instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    Looking forward to this one way or another - got a number to run but had the mishap of hurting my back and side at work on Thursday. If no improvement by Wed morning might have to revert to walking up with the camera for photos instead.
    C'mon Pinno, ya gotta do it!

Anyone know what the weather forecast is for this race?

Wil the below link gives some good info on the weather side of things:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/loutdoor...t_weather.html

Not updated for Saturday as yet but I always check with Mountain Weather Information:
    http://www.mwis.org.uk/mountain/SD.PDF

is anyone tappering or taking any time of training for this, usually before a longer race (16-20 miles+) id take day off, but ive been debating whether to still go for a run or out on bike on fri. which ever i do i expect ill still be cursing at some point in the race wishing id done something different training wise this time.

Smile Re: Snowdon 2009

Hello All ,

I just pulled this of the Met office web site for the Snowdonia area .

Saturday
    After a dry and bright start it will cloud over, with rain moving in from the west at some point during the day. Winds, mainly light in the morning, becoming gentle south to southwesterly in the afternoon.

I'm doing stipperstones fell race (AS) in shropshire tonight as a warm up for the big event on Saturday .

Really looking forward to the weekend .

Pinno , if you can take your camara that would be great . I don't think Al Tye is doing Snowdon this year . I'll ask him tonight .

See you all there
    Last edited by nightingale; 15-07-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    is anyone tappering or taking any time of training for this, usually before a longer race (16-20 miles+) id take day off, but ive been debating whether to still go for a run or out on bike on fri. which ever i do i expect ill still be cursing at some point in the race wishing id done something different training wise this time.
    Not that it makes that much difference to my performance but I'd never run (or cycle) the day before a race. For a 10 miler I'd probably maybe have a mid week run or two but nothing run too hard and nothing after say Wednesday. For a longer race I might take it even steadier. I seem to run quicker and am less prone to injury with a rest up.