Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welsh Castles relays

Re: Welsh Castles relays

A fantastic weekend but a terrible run for me on leg 7. I just wanted to survive. Too much training of late meant no power for a roadrace and the heat meant that it was just a case of hanging on and not getting injured for bigger things to come.

It was our first time and we'll be back - we can see why clubs do it year on year.

Thanks to the organisers - we salute you!

ST

I finished second on leg 7. It was very hot and with a couple of miles to go my legs went to jelly, but i just managed to hold it together.
    Yesterday and today i have been struggling to walk due to aches and pains.Hopefully be able to do a run tomorrow.

Jerry was on leg 6 (finished at Dolgellau). Would have been a nice run as a training run was the feedback I got. Very hot. Ended going on his own . We had Bollywood in the Park!!!

Hi! Well, wot a scorcher!

Yes I finished fine on leg 7 but found it very hard work on the descent in the heat - I met your Bath runner BW - I understand he was a late replacement - what a leg to give him! I heard that some didn't finish and I'm not surprised.

Nice to meet you too ST and I hope your legs feel better than mine do even now. I'm supposed to be doing some more lovely intervals tomorrow night but they might well consist of jogging with sitting-down recoveries! That 4 mile downhill on the road has shattered my legs in the way no fell descent could ever manage....

I enjoyed the Newtown nightlife too. Felt like an intruder on the set of Planet of the Village People!

Well done to everyone who ran - it seems to get hotter every year!!

I thought Bone had an awesome run.

I was third on leg 15, struggled in the heat but managed to break 6 min/mile so I was happy! Feet are shredded though!

It was sad that some runners collapsed - but in that heat I'm not surprised.
    We would have probably been 1st if our guy on 4 hadn't collapsed with 1/2 mile to go, though I feel other clubs could say the same, I believe Sepentine had 2 guys stop.
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

Quote Originally Posted by fellhell View Post
    It was sad that some runners collapsed - but in that heat I'm not surprised.
    We would have probably been 1st if our guy on 4 hadn't collapsed with 1/2 mile to go, though I feel other clubs could say the same, I believe Sepentine had 2 guys stop.
    I think we are all able to point to similar - our leg 10 runner was in 5th or 6th place until a couple of miles from the end but then collapsed and had to be brought back by St Johns (weren't they just so good!) - word has it that he had to be dragged by the feet out of a hedge, but I suspect the story has become somewhat exagerated!