Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Castles relays

Re: Welsh Castles relays

I'll be running Leg 7 for Vale Royal - in my ignorance and seeing it was a "Mountain Stage" I thought I was in for a run over Cader! Still the road will be quicker and almost as much fun I'm sure!

It's only one hill.

Leg 10 for me anoher moutain stage according to some basic mapping software its about 1100 feet of climbing 980 of it comes in the first couple of miles. Lets hope the knee is good as it looks like a fast run to me

Quote Originally Posted by johnny london View Post
    I'll be running Leg 7 for Vale Royal - in my ignorance and seeing it was a "Mountain Stage" I thought I was in for a run over Cader! Still the road will be quicker and almost as much fun I'm sure!

It's only one hill.

I'm now on nine, a nice relatively gentle stretch from Foel to Llanfair C, as befits my mature (and unfit!) status - if you see either of the TeamBath minibuses come and say hi, the chances are that I'll be behind the wheel.

Andy M

Not long now!

Forecast looks good for the week-end - good luck to all taking part.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny london View Post

It's only one hill.
    See you there JL - i'm running for Tattenhall (down the road from you at VR) and am looking forward to this leg. Looks like a shed load of up, and then a shed load of down!

It'll be my first road run for 3 months. BGR in three weeks so won't be hammering it too much

Really looking forward to it - seems like a race with a good atmosphere.

Make sure you say hello

ST

Good luck guys. My favourite leg is up from Builth to the Drovers Arms, anyone doing that?

I'm not going afterall my knee is still not right and I'm not going to risk it its too much to risk it for the team and for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Good luck guys. My favourite leg is up from Builth to the Drovers Arms, anyone doing that?

In the minibus

Good luck to everyone - I've been in touch with another lad from Bath who's on Leg 7 and I'll look out for a Tattenhall vest too ST. We're stopping over at Newtown overnight and heading to the pub for tea :-) - glad I'm racing on Saturday so I don't have to count the beers!

Well, what an epic week-end!! Full marks to all those who ran in such conditions, especially those doing the mountain stages - hope you made it OK on leg 7, Johnny London, I know our male runner found it very hard work and our female runner had to pull out.

I ran leg 9 - very hot but mercifully short - averaged about 8 minute miling which for my current state of (un)fitness was better than expected - we had a new young female club runner on this stage, running for us first time competitively, who came away with a stage winners sweatshirt - an awesome debut!

Newtown on Saturday night lived up to expectations (!) - did anyone else see the hen party in their classy costumes with the legend 'I'm Welsh and worth it - come and insert it!' on the back We hid!

Second day was probably most notable for Dan Robinson's run for Stroud from Brecon to the Reservors - over 4 mins clear at the end - awesome (but still not a record for the stage!). I know Alec Woods, who was second - he was saying that when he lined up beside Dan, he knew from the start that it was always a race for 2nd place.

We didn't win anything (again!) but I think we have some bragging rights over some of the other South West teams. Both our teams had a great weekend away - has to be one of the best events in any running calendar.