Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Doping row continues

Master and MR

Re: Doping row continues

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Well done there Daz H. Does that mean you're up for renewing our recent rivalry this Friday?
    Whats that race one of these 3 things in may jobbies. Err not sure mate. My legs are still aching from the killer hilly 100 relay yesterday. Leg 4 , not for the faint hearted. I might get up though.

Banned
    Is Wiggins innocent now?

Well CL was correct about the doping! .....

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    Well CL was correct about the doping! .....

And for my part I've always thought you are a very perceptive judge of people's finer qualities and character
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

"My life was living hell" says Wiggins, after an investigation didn't find enough evidence to find him guilty.

Is this the same Wiggins who made a massive song and dance about being clean and who lied in his autobiography about never having taken any injected drugs of any kind?

Just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    "My life was living hell" says Wiggins, after an investigation didn't find enough evidence to find him guilty.

Is this the same Wiggins who made a massive song and dance about being clean and who lied in his autobiography about never having taken any injected drugs of any kind?

Just checking.
    Nobody checks on your integrity if you can ride a bike quickly.

Bradley Wiggins wrote the Foreword for Sean Kelly's autobiography Hunger (a better book than the biography by David Walsh). I knew most of his story but the most interesting thing to me (beyond the drugs# and his not-getting-on with Roche) was where he admits to the races he threw for a bribe*. Of course this has happened since time began but what is interesting is how Kelly argues that selling a race in this way is not cheating the public.

Oh, right.

*Tour of Lombardy 1986. It is also in Peter Cossins' book The Monuments.

# 1991 Tour de France., His team, PDM, decided the riders should be injected with the food supplement Intralipid in secret. Unfortunately the Intralipid wasn't kept cold enough in the fridge so grew bacteria and most of the team then dropped out with "food poisoning". I remember this at the time and wasn't the only person to think it was all a bit odd because nobody else in the hotel had developed "food poisoning"; but then they weren't having needles stuck in their arms by a Team Doctor.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 16-11-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Super Moderator
    Selling a race is the very definition of cheating. Match-fixing is rightly taken very seriously at cricket, snooker, football etc

Oh, and Wiggins had some right rubbish choices on DID. Chas 'n' Dave?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post

Oh, and Wiggins had some right rubbish choices on DID. Chas 'n' Dave?

Bob on the other hand didn't even go to Sweden to pick up his Nobel Prize. There's class.. and the rest.

Super Moderator
    Zimmerman I presume? I thought you meant 'our' Bob ~ BG website curator, runner, climber, and now endurance MTB'er
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Zimmerman I presume? I thought you meant 'our' Bob ~ BG website curator, runner, climber, and now endurance MTB'er
    Your Bob has won the Nobel Prize?

Well deserved say I.