Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Her indoors 1st run

Re: Her indoors 1st run

Ady, I started running just over a year ago. I hadn't done a scrap of excercise for about five years, and have a desk job, so as you can imagine, I was totally unfit, my OH was extremely patient, I could only jog for about five minutes without stopping, but with tonnes of encouragement and a slight increase on each run to see i was improving kept me going, I gave up for a few weeks every so often as i felt rubbish but kept trying again, and now i'm upto 16 mile runs

And i've just answered my own question from the training thread, why my legs feel like lead

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Well - it was a short one with a bit of walking and then a jog back down to the house but next time the aim is a little further, etc and build on that. She is keen to keep at it so we shall see.....she is also very concious about being seen running which is another reason she wants to avoid the pavements/learing car drivers, etc. Don't think she will be joining me up Blencathra on Wednesday but I will give plenty of encouragement to keep her at it.
    Glad it went OK Ady. My other half has promised to try going for a run. The run a bit, walk a bit seems a good idea for starters. She is also bothered about being seen running so we are going to find a quiet stretch of canal towpath for her first effort. She also wants to find something to run in which doesnt make her arse look too big.

Master and MR

yep being seen running was a major thing for my wife
    took her and her mate months to do there regular run on the towns pavements , after a few jeers and toots of car hooters they soon got used to it ,
    must admit though she had to find exactly the right tops and stuff to be seen in

Went again tonight and is still keen for another go on Sunday evening. I usually have a drink of cordial after a run but the wife went straight for a Bensons and then commented on how her lungs felt like they were burning!!! At least she didn't take one with her.