Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110
Results 1,091 to 1,094 of 1094

Thread: Wasdale

Hi all, I have already put out a request for some missing results from various CFRA fell races on the CFRA website, but here I thought it might be worth asking if anyone holds a copy of the 1987 Wasdale results? or might know of some kind soul who could scan or photograph a copy & send to me at :-
    richard@cfra.co.uk
    I am trying to collate all of the Wasdale results going back to 1972 in digital format (most of the pre-90's races are only hard copy) so that they can be preserved for anyone curious enough to want to dig around the historical side of the race.
    I know that the '87 race was won by Billy Bland - again - & was wondering if anyone might have an e-mail address or some such for either Billy or perhaps Anne Bland or anyone else who might have retained a copy?
    Thanks in anticipation, Richard Eastman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Eastman View Post
    Hi all, I have already put out a request for some missing results from various CFRA fell races on the CFRA website, but here I thought it might be worth asking if anyone holds a copy of the 1987 Wasdale results? or might know of some kind soul who could scan or photograph a copy & send to me at :-
    richard@cfra.co.uk
    I am trying to collate all of the Wasdale results going back to 1972 in digital format (most of the pre-90's races are only hard copy) so that they can be preserved for anyone curious enough to want to dig around the historical side of the race.
    I know that the '87 race was won by Billy Bland - again - & was wondering if anyone might have an e-mail address or some such for either Billy or perhaps Anne Bland or anyone else who might have retained a copy?
    Thanks in anticipation, Richard Eastman
    I'll have a look, Richard. I've got quite a few from around the late 80's and early 90's. Can't promise anything but I will have a dig around this weekend
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Cal/Richard/anyone - did the 1987 Wasdale result turn up anywhere? CFRA website still not got it and it is noted in Fellrunner as missing result. [Even winning time would be fine by me actually]
    Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Chilton View Post
    Cal/Richard/anyone - did the 1987 Wasdale result turn up anywhere? CFRA website still not got it and it is noted in Fellrunner as missing result. [Even winning time would be fine by me actually]
    Cheers
    Steve
    Brian Martin (ex FRA Statistician and much else) gave me his CD with the data underpinning his June 2005 Fellrunner article "Lakeland Classics - Top 20 Men All Time Rankings" (updated to 2009) which shows the winning time in 1987 as Billy Bland 3.33.07.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".