Page 58 of 110 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasdale

Re: Wasdale

aye up nayth. yep it was me - you have the right guy. i am sure i have read somewhere that lots of cold water is good for tired muscles and so spending time splashing about in the beck at brown tongue was a good plan even if it cost us a little time. we did shake hands and exchange a brief grunt at the end. cheers for the company.

and thanks to all the organisers. plus my mate who went for a walk to the top of great gable (despite the conditions) and arrived a little early, no one was there, and so thought the race had been cancelled and made his way back home without seeing a single runner.

a tip top day if a little damp.

ps good run andy gibb - see you at borrowdale. it's one all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Excellent....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherton Lad View Post
    There goes my excuse then. I'll have to fall back on the fact that it was a bit foggy.

BTW Ian, I brewed 6 gallons of pale ale on Sunday. I'll try and save you some.
    Can't wait. I'll have the rescue ale with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I was behind Wendy Dodds for most of the way from Esk Hause and she was talking to a guy about how the previous weekend she had spent three days doing the Tour de Mont Blanc. I don't know much about international courses but it sounded tough.
    I was chatting to Wendy about this when she finished, she did say it was very hard but she was carrying more than she would have done in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Stanley View Post
    aye up nayth. yep it was me - you have the right guy. i am sure i have read somewhere that lots of cold water is good for tired muscles and so spending time splashing about in the beck at brown tongue was a good plan even if it cost us a little time. we did shake hands and exchange a brief grunt at the end. cheers for the company.

and thanks to all the organisers. plus my mate who went for a walk to the top of great gable (despite the conditions) and arrived a little early, no one was there, and so thought the race had been cancelled and made his way back home without seeing a single runner.

a tip top day if a little damp.

ps good run andy gibb - see you at borrowdale. it's one all.
    I take it thats you andy ? Cheers mucker i felt so much stronger for some reason only really felt it on gable.See you at borrowdale for the showdown...

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Can't 'ave sympathy for someone who races 3 days prior to an event as hard as Wasdale.
    i cant say your post is very helpful. i dont call 50 odd minutes for 5.5 miles racing and i actually think the shoes caused the injuries by being too light. it was a club championship so I just jogged the descents etc. i did not feel it until after the event.
    As it happens i could not go a week without running as i would sieze up at an event and 5.5 miles is just a nice run out on a very nice sunny evening. I could have easily hurt my foot out training so i dont really see where the criticism or lack of sympathy was coming from

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    As apposed to Ben Robson Dark Peak who finished 56th in 5.58.33 after complete an Unsupported Bg the week end before:thumbup:

We really need the EEEEK Smiley back....
    Or even Mike Johnson last year who finished in about 4hr30min just a week after doing something like an 18 hour BG. I caught up with him near Esk Hause, but then he left me and took about 10 minutes out of me by the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    That doesn't work Brett - it says fellrunner admin, you need to log in.

whoops

results

Wasdale 2011 BACK ON !!!

Hi Everyone. I'm thinking of entering the Wasdale Race 9th July. As its a long one (well, for me!) just wondering, do runners generally carry carry water or is there sufficient water sources on the route? (if so, where?)

Many thanks

Conan.

Re: Wasdale 2011

The first good stream is crossed on the way up Seatallan from Greendale (it's the outflow from Greendale tarn). Then there are streams on the traverse from Seatallan across towards the gap between Scoat and Red Pike enroute for Pillar. After that I think the next running water is the stream at the back of Kirk Fell, just down from Black Sail Pass. There's a stream alongside the path for part of the way up Sty Head pass, and there's an excellent spring just off the path on the side of Great End as you head up from Esk Hause to Scafell (just before where the path steepens, approx grid ref 227081).

There has been a thread recently about the advisability of drinking from streams, but whatever your thoughts on this, the last spring I referred to is virtually guaranteed to be pure as it comes straight out of the ground.
    Last edited by Reg; 26-05-2011 at 07:25 PM.