Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is there life after Sky plus?

Sky + is the muts nuts. Piece of piss to record to, select the thing you want to watch and to delete it. Just got to start using it more now to justify having it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Sky + is the muts nuts. Piece of piss to record to, select the thing you want to watch and to delete it. Just got to start using it more now to justify having it installed.
    yeah but you 'ave to pay a tenner a month to record with it. Thats a big problem for a tight git like me

Think I got some deal with mine. There are very few deals around at the moment with sky. They were not up for budging with the price of the full package just before Christmas, but they did install it a few days after ordering it and only two days before Christmas.

Sky+ is the absolute nuts innit? have had it for a couple of years now.

Word of caution though-

In october they took an extra £33 from bank on DD
    When it happended again in Nov I got the wife to phone up. turned out they were penalising me for not having the phone line plugged in on my secondary box. How was I to know it had accidentally bin unplugged? Everything worked just fine!

Argued the toss and they said theyd look into it.

Havent checked bank yet for Dec but if I dont get me money back I will be packing it in. Hope dont have to though - would really miss the Sky + part.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Re: is there life after Sky pl

I have to agree that Sky + is the absolute nuts and the rest!

But on the downside they are one step away from being big brother! Why do we have to have the phone lines plugged in all the time??

jack

I seem to remember that when 'signing' the contract, Sky agree to give you all the equipment (dish, box) free provided you keep your box hooked up to a working phone line, for the "interactive" stuff (box office, games and the like). If you don't keep it hooked up, they can charge you for the equipment since you didn't keep your end of the deal.

Apparently they only really check it (and get on to you) if you have multi-room and don't have the box connected to a phoneline - we've had ours not connected since we got it a year and a bit ago and they haven't done anything (so far...)

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I seem to remember that when 'signing' the contract, Sky agree to give you all the equipment (dish, box) free provided you keep your box hooked up to a working phone line, for the "interactive" stuff (box office, games and the like). If you don't keep it hooked up, they can charge you for the equipment since you didn't keep your end of the deal.

Apparently they only really check it (and get on to you) if you have multi-room and don't have the box connected to a phoneline - we've had ours not connected since we got it a year and a bit ago and they haven't done anything (so far...)
    But after a year the equipment is yours and you may then unplug the phoneline. Same as if you cancel your contract you get to keep all the kit

My sister, in her infinite wisdom, has a sky + box, and i just ask her to record anything major for when I see her next, and it just sits there waiting.
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

If you reduce channels, programs recorded on the channels you no longer have stop working.

For example, if you stop having movies then the movies you recorded in the past will not work.

So write anything you want to keep to a DVD before down-sizing your subscription.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

how much is sky nowaday and how much is the box?