Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100th Paddy

100th Paddy

Eryri's Anthony Bethell got around this weekend in 22:54, we must be rapidly approaching the 100th finisher. what does it currently officially stand at.

I know of at least one who did it and never got on the list, bet there are a few more yet.

Great day out supporting the round this weekend, stunning night sections, he did well to hang on in there through the hot sections and climbed well throughout. Great effort.

Re: 100th Paddy

Paddy Buckley keeps records of completers (time does not matter, this is not a 24 hour challenge) of his 'Welsh Classic Round'. Could those who have done the round please let him know? If you do not have his contact details please pm me and I will supply.
    Yiannis

Yiannis posted a list a couple(?) of years ago and there were just short of 70 names on it, not sure of the success rate in the intervening time.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Yiannis posted a list a couple(?) of years ago and there were just short of 70 names on it, not sure of the success rate in the intervening time.
    Bob, It was a list given to me by Paddy himself. I don't know where we stand at the moment, but close to 100 looks possible. I hope there is some response to my message so that we can have a full picture. Yiannis

for some reason my winter round wasn't included.

Master

The list updated this year is on Gofar.org. I contacted Paddy recently as it had'nt been updated but is now. I also know of a completer who didnt inform Paddy that he had done it. Paul Reeve who did it I believe on the same day as one of Nicky S attempts. Paul did it in around 23:20 I think. I wonder if its too late for him to be officially recorded?

Cool Re: 100th Paddy

Hi All,

Thanks for the mention Iain. I had a fantastic time running over the round. I adore the Welsh Mountains and to be able to undertake the challenge with a first class support team of friends made for an unforgettable weekend. It may not have been the quickest of rounds but with fancy dress road stops (beach party, 70's disco, rave, biker and black tie) it has probably been one of the most amusing; well certainly for me anyway. Anyway more to the point I do have a list from Paddy himself that was given to me a couple of weeks ago. It is up to date as until October 2010. At this point there has been 90 completions listed. So I am assuming I will be sub 100 in the completion list, as I am not aware of many attempts prior to mine this year. I am helping Dave & Derek on their attempts on the 18th of this month so perhaps they will be closer to the magical 100th mark. I will try and attach the list Paddy forwarded to me to this post for those that are interested.

Attachment 4823Attachment 4824

Due to the limit of 19kb file size uploads I have had to zip the files so I am not sure if that will work or not. I have attached one in excel format so for those people who want to they can play around with things. Paddy's original list is the word document. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Anthony
    :w00t:

Found that when you are prompted to either open or save the file it is best to press save and then open up later from your computer.
    Last edited by Dorian Grey; 07-06-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Addict View Post
    for some reason my winter round wasn't included.
    John, you don't seem to be on the list, best drop Paddy a line.
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    John, you don't seem to be on the list, best drop Paddy a line.
    Yiannis
    I know Rob Greenwood got around last year in around 23 hrs or so. Will try and find out the exact time.

Noel Craine got around in 22:45 in 2009
    http://sarzmountainrun.blogspot.com/...is-virtue.html

Mmmmm its looking like your intuition was right after all Iain and I am closer to the 100th than I first thought then. Not that it matters really in the big scheme of life and fell running but still its interesting to get a picture how many bonkers people there are out there that have done it.