Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moel Hebog

Re: Moel Hebog

Many thanks Gwynfor - great pics. Shame about the small turnout for such a great race.

Re: Moel Hebog

Yes, shame hardly anybody there. They must have been in Slovenia!! :w00t:

A poor turnout for a Welsh Champs Race of only 39 runners last Saturday. It is a short, sharp, shock type of race, an out and back 4 miles and 2'800feet, although this year we were turned around below the summit due to high winds.
    I made a schoolboy error of making a wrong shoe choice. I wore the same shoes that I had worn for Ras y Aran and Ras y Moelwyn, where they never missed a beat, and as conditions appeared very similar I decided to stick with them. However the descent from Hebog was generally steeper and damper off the path and I found myself on my arse at least half a dozen times.
    I finished 15th O/A and 4th MV60. Russell Owen, the 1st MV60 was way ahead of me by over 2 minutes but I was within 39 seconds of the 2nd and 3rd MV60 and, as I was ahead of them at the turn around, should have been able to hold them off on the descent had I been properly shod!

Enjoyed the race but a shame it was not better supported. Hopefully there will be a bigger turnout for Foel Fras on Saturday.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 15-06-2022 at 11:33 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Nice one Llani....

I'd heard a rumour somewhere that Foel Fras is possibly going to be a British Champs race in 2023, so it may well get a few more turn up to take a look at it.