Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moel Hebog

Moel Hebog - Pictures

Pictures from today's race from myself and Gwynfor are now on the site...

www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk

Al.

Re: Moel Hebog

Very enjoyable race, bit warm but temperature was perfect up the top. One for next years calender. Finished top 10 i think, anyone seen any results?

Excellent race, complete contrast in weather from last sat at the Welsh 1000's...Also on next years calender

[QUOTE=dyl-dwl;230688]Very enjoyable race, bit warm but temperature was perfect up the top. One for next years calender.
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

Moel Hebog

Any one up for doing this little toughy?
    one of the hardest short races around.very tough on the quads coming down

Should be there for this one.
    I missed it last year.
    Raring to go now after missing Foel Fras due to family commitments.
    Sounds a classic and looks it as well, seen some of it when I did Y Garn last tuesday.
    Welai chi yno.

its on earlier in the year than what it used to be,it used to be on a week after Snowdon which made it a hell of a lot harder as your legs were still knackered and it was hot.havent done this race for years but went up it last week for a recce just to remind myself of the best lines.this was my first ever race win in 2000 or 2001

Hi, Can anyone tell me where this race starts and a rough idea of the route as I'm hoping to sneak off work tomorrow afternoon for a quick (or maybe not so quick!) recce? Ive checked the calendar but it doesnt give a great deal of information.

Thanks.

it used to start and finish outside the Goat Hotel(famouse for the Beddgelert story) through the village and past the `Warws` turn left onto a track and basically follow the main walkers route to the top.but on the way back,you come off the track (right turn)and through the field/footpath to the back of the Goat Hotel.
    not sure if it`ll be quite the same because of the work on the railway but the acual mountain bit will be the same though

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    it used to start and finish outside the Goat Hotel(famouse for the Beddgelert story) through the village and past the `Warws` turn left onto a track and basically follow the main walkers route to the top.but on the way back,you come off the track (right turn)and through the field/footpath to the back of the Goat Hotel.
    not sure if it`ll be quite the same because of the work on the railway but the acual mountain bit will be the same though
    I think it now starts more on the hillside and finishes there. So a straight up and down and I thought Ross was sticking to that. Not deffo on that though.

http://www.racerecce.co.uk/racerecce...spx?Eventid=41

Never done this race though, this weekend is always a big one in the ultra running calendar and this year its the 100k so I'm doing that, should get back to the fells after that, get some races in pre Wyddfa.

Iain,
    Passed you on the way up to Halfway House last night, you were coming down with Skippy and the dogs. Only had a chance to say hello and wave as I was in a rythm going up, well, some sort of anyway!!! Had you been to the top? Good luck with the ultra this weekend.
    SJ