Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moel Hebog

Re: Moel Hebog

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Jogger View Post
    Iain,
    Passed you on the way up to Halfway House last night, you were coming down with Skippy and the dogs. Only had a chance to say hello and wave as I was in a rythm going up, well, some sort of anyway!!! Had you been to the top? Good luck with the ultra this weekend.
    SJ
    no, just to cloggy, did the 1min, 1 min slow, 2min and 1 min slow, then 5 x 3 mins with 90 secs slow, then 2 then 1 again and just got to cloggy, quite a good session. Though one of the dogs wasn't overly happy with hill sprints, I don't think she sees the point.

Moel Hebog - Pictures

There are pictures from today's race here:-

http://www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk/moelhebog2010.html

Al.
    AlTye

The dyslexic, diabetic, photographer.

http://www.fellrunningpictures.co.uk/

Re: Moel Hebog - Pictures

Thanks Al, awsome pictures with the stunning background.

Really enjoyed the race today, THE best sohrt race course I've done to date, a true classic!!! my second best being Cnicht.
    It was awsome climbing up through the rocks and cliffs to the summit, and descending them even better, although I had to hold back a bit on the descent due to Snowdon getting closer :-)
    Thanks to the organisers and marshalls as allways.

Well done to all that competed.

Another win then Ifan ? Pictures indicate you were first to the top,you must have only extended your lead from there then ;-)

Great to see lads i know really making big strides in this fell running game. With Ifan,Steve Cale and Paul Jones all making massive improvements from previous years...great to see. Keep it up boys.

Thanks JB.
    Yes got to the summit first with about 35 second lead, but won by about 3 minutes in the end.
    You're not doing to bad yourself mate, you ran well in Trail race up the beast, and very well in Rodney's Pillar!!
    Hebog course was awsome though, stuck to one line to the top but there's lines on the descent to mind bogle a genius!!

Quote Originally Posted by gafrymynydd View Post
    Thanks JB.
    Yes got to the summit first with about 35 second lead, but won by about 3 minutes in the end.
    You're not doing to bad yourself mate, you ran well in Trail race up the beast, and very well in Rodney's Pillar!!
    Hebog course was awsome though, stuck to one line to the top but there's lines on the descent to mind bogle a genius!!
    This has got to be one of the best value races all round, with an ice cream thrown in for good measure. Superb route and thanks to all the organisers.

Agreed, this is a pearl of a race....what a beautiful day! Many, many years since I have run it but still clearly recall being passed rotten by locals coming down through the boulder field. Said locals did not pass on left or right....but overhead!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

well done Ifan on the win,
    the photos look great AT.there are some interesting lines that can be taken on the descent and ascent of this race.on the ascent its best to come off the main path and take a B-line to the summit ridge through the rocks this cuts out the zig-zag but i wouldnt take the same route down though,more or less stick to the main path and just cut out the smaller corners and then keep to the grassy bit on the right till you hit the small gate.
    was going to do this race but due to time constraints i went for a morning run and did the Elidir fawr race route.the amount of people that was out was increadble must be due to loads of attempts on the welsh 3000 and being the longest day(weekend)

Well done GafrMynydd on deserved win.

I was looking at knocking 10 mins off my 2009 time, when I twisted by right ankle about half way down :-(

By a huge stroke of luck, it was right next to one of the Aberglaslyn Mountain Rescue teams, who hurried over to assist. They threatened to take me down in the LandRover, but they were called away to an incident on the Moelwyn so I still managed to cross the line, and only 10 minutes slower than last year!
    Last edited by cofi_Mynydd; 20-06-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Moel Hebog

Pictures for yesterday's Moel Hebog fell race can be seen here:

http://www.sportpicturescymru.co.uk/...11saesneg.html