Thread: Great Bakewell Pudding Race

Great Bakewell Pudding Race

Anyone planning to do this on Sun 26th June? I'll be just back in the country and may use it to get used to running again.

Re: Great Bakewell Pudding Rac

I think me and the Mrs will be there. Only done it once before, very much like a trail race (especially in the middle section) and a VERY fast first mile. Should be a good re-introduction.

I partook of a bit of Fishwicking this weekend by doing the Bakewell Pudding race following yesterdays Bosley Fete.

230 runners set off from Bakewell Park up into the woods, along Calton Pastures, back into the woods, a long downhill track and then a few fields before crossing back into the park via the River Wye.

6.5 miles, 800 feet in 49.18. 31st overall and 1st M60

Looking at the results from the last running in 2019, I noted that Mark Lamb from Keswick broke the course record and recalled he was down here as part of Carl Bell's stag weekend in the Peak District. The Stag managed to carry his hangover to 80th place. Mr Fishwick was also part of the raiding party.

A decent race, and for a £5 entry fee, which includes a Bakewell Pudding for all finishers, what's not to like!

The organisers, who have been doing it for over 20 years, are looking for some new blood to take the reins.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 27-06-2022 at 09:23 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

A very hot and humid day last Sunday for this years edition of the Bakewell Pudding Race. A decent turnout of 214 runners for the organisers who were handing over the reins to new folk this year. Everything appeared to be seamless but it was disappointing that at the presentation the highest age group category recognised was F50 and M50.
    I was a bit light headed and dizzy at the finish due to the heat but a sit down in the River Wye, with many others, did the trick and brought me round enough to enable me to take my planned afternoon drive to Mid Wales.

When the results came out I was credited with 1st M60 and finished 34th o/a in 51min 9 secs.

I think the age group problem might have stemmed from what appeared to be very old entry forms which had the highest age category as F/M 50 but it did ask for DOB. Hopefully they'll sort it for next year.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog