Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding fixed

Riding fixed

Despite it now being percieved as a fashionable thing I still really fancy having a go at riding fixed. I've had a whizz round the Velodrome but I think I'd like to ride one on the road to commute on. However I don't want to lay out hundreds and then discover that I don't have the cajones for it or the route in is too hilly. Anybody got one that I can borrow (he said optimistically)?

Re: Riding fixed

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    Despite it now being percieved as a fashionable thing I still really fancy having a go at riding fixed. I've had a whizz round the Velodrome but I think I'd like to ride one on the road to commute on. However I don't want to lay out hundreds and then discover that I don't have the cajones for it or the route in is too hilly. Anybody got one that I can borrow (he said optimistically)?
    If your in the Hartlepool area!! u can lend mine p.s. whats cajones? balls? just takes a bit of getting used to, although the steep down hills can be a bit scary, was interesting riding round the lakes the other week :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    Despite it now being percieved as a fashionable thing I still really fancy having a go at riding. I've had a whizz round the Velodrome. Anybody got a horse that I can borrow (he said optimistically)?
    Whatttttt!!!!!!! Would the cyclist appreciate you riding round their velodrome:w00t:
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Just get a fixed

No where near hundreds

Once you ride one you'll never go back to ordinary bikes

Would lend you mine but then what would I ride

Reverand - nowhere near Hartlepool, sadly. Thanks for the offer.
    xrunner - take more water with it, mate. Horse??
    Brett - not seen one for less than a couple of hundred, including second hand. I thought you'd got a couple of 'em?

also thanks to David the moderator for sending me a PM.

So, just in case there's anyone else who might be able to help I am just over 5'9" and pretty medium size build and I live in E Lancs. I would be happy to leave a deposit and would only need to borrow it for, say, an afternoon. I think there's a few on here who could vouch for me, if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I've said it once and I'll say it again - Life's too short to ride sh*t bikes.
    "That was the night everything changed"

I rode fixed in my early twenties and got back into for my 40th birthday. It was like I'd come home again. I also think fixed has a lot more in common for hill running than regular bikes. You ride singlespeed don't you, so you're used a bit of a grind? Ask on STW for test?

Quote Originally Posted by idler View Post
    I rode fixed in my early twenties and got back into for my 40th birthday. It was like I'd come home again. I also think fixed has a lot more in common for hill running than regular bikes. You ride singlespeed don't you, so you're used a bit of a grind? Ask on STW for test?
    Yep, I'm thinking that might be the best plan. Cheers.