Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Basildon Eviction

Basildon Eviction

I think it would be quite amusing this morning if the bailiffs didn't attempt to evict them. I'd even consider setting up a barrier to fence them in 100m outside of the site boundary and just let no one, or nothing through unless it's out!
    Cut off all supplies.

Make it a blockade, over weeks and months if necessary. I'm sure it would be a cheaper way.

See how long the guy with his arm concreted in to a barrel lasts then:w00t: as well as the mutlitude of TV crews that seem to be inside!

Re: Basildon Eviction

Im with you on that WP - in fact I would take it slightly further:

Build a waterproof barrier around their park and then use that as dump for rubbish and sewage - that will teach them - Sodding rats can live in a rats environment.

Dirty oxygen thieving gits.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Some might say a nuanced and sensitive approach might be in order but they're pansies. If we're going to get medieval why don't we stick one of these on a flat bed and head down there?

Attachment 5112

Once the siege is over we should round up the ring leaders and give them a taste of justice 5th Century style!

Attachment 5113
    Last edited by Dynamo Dan; 19-09-2011 at 11:18 AM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Ireland.html

Its in the Daily Mail so it must be true

Yeah! Let's abandon our sense of humanity and joyfully torture people! Come on! Last one to the ducking-stool viewing gallery is a pansy!

Ive got a machine gun?

Liberal Democrat MP Andrew George, the chairman of the all-party parliamentary group on travellers, said that the Dale Farm eviction should be put on hold.

Mr George told Sky News: 'The Government and the local authority are going to be spending up to about £18 million to restore the site to what it originally was, presumably - and that is a scrapyard. It's going to make it the most expensive scrapyard in history.
    'I think that both to save money and to be more humane and also to ensure that the people living on this site are given a genuine opportunity to find somewhere else to live or even to regularise the arrangements on that site, they need to be given time rather than sadly - and I think very inappropriately - to be going ahead with the evictions today.

'Simply to make people homeless and to tell them to move onto some other site, when they know full well there are no other alternative sites, is just telling people to move from one illegal situation to another.'

I read it in the Daily Mail too.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Ive got a machine gun?
    Impressive guns Al!!

Attachment 5114

I have a problem with the assumption that owning the land means you can just do what you want, so to a certain extent I agree that they should take action. Imagine if you bought a small piece of land in a national park and then ploughed every penny you own into building a house there without bothering to apply for planning permission. Quite rightly you would expect the authorities to pull your new house down regardless of whether it made you homeless. The rules are there for a reason and the authorities are quite right to enforce them. The travellers having nowhere to go is really a secondary issue
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    The travellers having nowhere to go is really a secondary issue
    Aren't there lots of places to go? Whenever this is discussed on the wireless, someone normally sparks up and says there are loads of sites, but that people don't want to use them.

I think this is an example of us not knowing all the facts. I can't believe it's as black-and-white as is being made out. Anyone care to enlighten us at all?