Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to the FRA Chairman

Re: Letter to the FRA Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by rgal View Post
    Well, perhaps you have failed to understand what I wrote, obviously use of computing will make Tony's job much easier. Also, refer to the reply to Wheeze.

Master and MR

Nowhere did I write that I do not trust the committee. Quite the opposite, in fact.

didnt say you dont trust them
    just that the text slighty implies that there isnt trust in the fra commitee

why didnt you just ask tony straight if it could be published on an individual basis instead of mentioning the word trust, i thought that slightly devalued it a bit

And as there is no reason for anyone to be anonymous there is no reason not to publish the way that those who voted, actually voted. After all, at an AGM or EGM, everyone votes openly with a show of hands. Also, people can then check that there own personal vote was entered correctly: a win-win situation for all concerned.
    I would be very worried if the way that I chose to vote was made public.
    This information could be misused by either lobby wishing to exploit the situation.

The ballot paper made no mention that the vote from each member would be made public and therefore it would be very wrong if the FRA Committee now choose to make this information available.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Banned

I feel sure the Chairman will publish the results when they are collated.
    I am not bothered either way whether my vote is made public or not.

I just feel Ronnie spent a lot of time typing a piece that only you appear to understand.

Cheer up Ronnie, just plan your next run or race and enjoy the good weather.

undercover moderator

Vote early, vote often. That's what I always say...

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Vote early, vote often. That's what I always say...
    It's not like forum names you know ...

I understood what he said and why. Maybe better ways of getting the point across, but I think the point is valid and is completely separate from whether or not the Committee are doing a good job and are appreciated.

There have been a number of posts that have suggested that because the Committee is voluntary that the membership has little right to question their decisions and the way they conduct themselves, which should never be the case.

It smacks of sarcasm etc simply the way you've written it. Thats why people are questioning you. It suggests that you have an agenda. If you haven't and it is a reasonable request, why take half a page.

I dont see whats wrong with him questionning what the data will be used for. Its a fair enough question. I voted to stay with UKA for a number of reasons and not too bothered if the FRA made my vote public.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Deek View Post
    It smacks of sarcasm etc simply the way you've written it. Thats why people are questioning you. It suggests that you have an agenda. If you haven't and it is a reasonable request, why take half a page.
    exactly