Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50 at 50? what about 20 at 20?

50 at 50? what about 20 at 20?

I've heard people doing 40 at 40, 50 at 50, so i came about well why not 20 at 20? I turn 20 in November this year so i'm going about planning a course. I've had a look at the wainwrights around keswick which seems a reasonable area to fix a circuit, just posting on here if anyones got any suggestions of a good group of hills or if anyone else has heard of a "20 at 20"?

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire

Re: 50 at 50? what about 20 at

A grand day out incorporating all of the Borrowdale and a few extras:

Bessyboot, Glararmara, Allen Crags, Bowfell, Esk Pike, Great End, Broad Crag, Ill Crag, Scafell Pike, Scafell, Lingmell, Great Gable, Green Gable, Brandreth, Grey Knotts, Fleetwith Pike, Dale Head, High Spy, Maiden Moor, Catbells.

I think that's 20. Fleetwith Pike is a abit of a fudge to make the numbers up but a good route nonetheless taking in the best running in the North/Central lakes.
    Enjoy!

Sounds like a great idea to me! You can build up over the years :-)

And why does it have to round to a decade, I might do 31 at 31 this year OOPS I meant 24 at 24

That sounds like a great route, just got to work out the milage and the amount of climbing see if i'm physically able to do it! lol
    Thanks for that.
    Yer i like that idea keeping a tradition building up each year rather than every decade, i've only heard of the big ones like 40 @ 40 and also 50 @ 50 which i imagine are just joining onto the bob graham round.

What about the Borrowdale Watershed? http://www.frcc.co.uk/walks.asp?area_id=8&walk_id=47 It's got twenty tops in 53Km
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    What about the Borrowdale Watershed? http://www.frcc.co.uk/walks.asp?area_id=8&walk_id=47 It's got twenty tops in 53Km
    Doesn't look a bad run out that Bob. I've been trying to convince myself that I fancy doing Wainwright's Central Fells in a day but this looks a more logical outing
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I take it you've never been north along the ridge from High Raise Ullscarf, High tove, High Seat, Bleaberry Fell are probably the wettest Lakeland fells underfoot. I've been along just once at the end of a "dry" spell - never been back!
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Sounds like a cracking day out!

(just a question, when people take on the 'n peaks at age n' do they tend to stick with the 0.25miles/250' re-ascent rule that applies to 24hr records? As the latter would rule out Lingmell in this case I think)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I take it you've never been north along the ridge from High Raise Ullscarf, High tove, High Seat, Bleaberry Fell are probably the wettest Lakeland fells underfoot. I've been along just once at the end of a "dry" spell - never been back!
    They're not too bad when its frozen - perhaps the Borrowdale watershed needs to be a winter round (although some other parts of the route need treating with respect)

If you fancy a real challenge how about an extended version of the Welsh 3000s (which traditionally has 15/16 summits). So...

Crib Goch, Garnedd Ugain, Snowdon, Lechog, Elidir Fawr, Carnedd Y Filiast, Mynydd Perfedd, Foel Goch, Y Garn, Glyder Fawr, Glyder Fach, Tryfan, Pen Yr Ole Wen, Carnedd Daffydd, Yr Elen, Carnedd Llywellyn, Foel Grach, Garnedd Uchaf, Foel Fras, Drum

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, I wrote them from memory! Only suggested it as I'm backpacking that route over 2 days starting tomorrow. Would make an epic run!