Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierre Zinal

Re: Sierre Zinal

aye.. i'm insured for a uk car abroad.. but not switzerland.. will look at trains.. cheers

I'm getting 400 euros as the cheapest price....

Now I get 138.... Thanks.. may well do that..
    Last edited by IainR; 29-05-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Sierre Zinal

What do we have to take?

Do we need a medical certificate? or any thing proving our registration.. can't find any documentation or receipt.. just my name on the entry list...

I also take it there is no kit list...

and last one.. road shoes?

Don't need to take anything with you, you just collect your number from the town hall. Road shoes are probably the best bet. I ran in trail shoes last time but think I'm going to wear road shoes this time. No kit requirements.
    Last edited by Fleeter; 07-08-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Master

Roclite 315's would be my choice.

I'm staying just up the valley from Sierre at Susten - planned my holidays around this race and then went and knackered my hamstring(abductor?) training on Saturday before setting off. Cant walk properly at moment let alone run - so I will probably be spectating/taking a few pictures on Sunday. Good luck to all the British entrants.
    PS It's raining at the moment - but hopefully will be OK at weekend

Shoe wise.. I have Adizero Bostons (new).. Adizero Adios 2 (old).. 300 mudclaws... speedcross 2's.. may get new adios's tomorrow... as ordered some...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Shoe wise.. I have Adizero Bostons (new).. Adizero Adios 2 (old).. 300 mudclaws... speedcross 2's.. may get new adios's tomorrow... as ordered some...
    Not the mudclaws - do not know enough about the others to differentiate between them.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Before I start, I have never run S-Z (and won't be this time :angry: )

Don't you find Bostons a bit heavy? But then I say the same about Mudclaws. I would have used my X-talons for sure (partly because I don't have any Trailrocs yet). But yes Adios could work; I have some old model Nike Zoom Streak 3 which I use for mixed-terrain training, for which the undersole is a single moulding. Most of the road shoes like Adios (I would guess), Saucony Grid A4 tend to lose bits off the bottom on rocky paths.

Aye.. the bostons are.. it was all that was in the shop and I was desperate... I brought my adios's and bostons.. but the adios's are dead.. will see...but thought a heavier shoe may be better for training as I only where road shoes now and my adizero's last 6 weeks.. 500 miles...

Find the x-talons a bit thin on rocky terrain but also think all mine are destroyed...

On my mammouth 17 hr train journey... :-)

Brutal race..

Robbie 4th 2:35.. Andy Fleet must have had run of the day from a Brit.. 3:04.. Darren Kay 3:18.. me 3:19.. Stanners 3:31.. Craine 3:38 or so..

I ran it off a 90 mile week but stupidly 2 big days in the last 2 with 1000m plus of ascent and descent... legs just can't take that as hlls are so alien now.. actually got going by the last leg..

Great race though..