Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123

Thread: Sierre Zinal

  1. #111
    Senior Member Sam W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    365
    Anyone know when entries open for 2015? Is it fairly easy to get a number or is it over subscribed with a lottery system? Keen to run next year.

  2. #112
    Master IainR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    Anyone know when entries open for 2015? Is it fairly easy to get a number or is it over subscribed with a lottery system? Keen to run next year.
    Its normally pretty easy, I entered early in the summer I think..

  3. #113
    Senior Member Sam W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Its normally pretty easy, I entered early in the summer I think..
    Cheers Iain. Do you happen to remember how much entry costs?

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    137
    From memory it was 77 Swiss francs this year,50 quid or so. I entered in April,but there were places still left up to June/July

  5. #115
    Senior Member Sam W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by gazb View Post
    From memory it was 77 Swiss francs this year,50 quid or so. I entered in April,but there were places still left up to June/July
    Cheers Gaz. Having spent quite a bit of time over in Switzerland whilst my better half was living in Zurich, I'm not surprised by the price. Perhaps the race could be a good excuse for a holiday over there...

  6. #116
    Master IainR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    6,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    Cheers Gaz. Having spent quite a bit of time over in Switzerland whilst my better half was living in Zurich, I'm not surprised by the price. Perhaps the race could be a good excuse for a holiday over there...
    yeah it was around 55 euros from what I remember.. I was in Germany at the time. Its not too bad as you get bussed out and then all the support on the course.

    Its an expensive trip just because Switzerland is, but you can camp in the valley which makes it cheaper

  7. #117
    Senior Member fellephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    176
    It's been up a few weeks now.

    http://www.sierre-zinal.com


    Im in and going. Got my flight and hotel booked. Booked to camp originally just down the road from Zinal in Mission, but changed my mind so I'm now staying in Zinal.


    I'm flying out from Liverpool on the Friday and back on the Monday (late flight back). Good deal with Easy jet at the mo.

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    137
    Huge congratulations to Robbie Simpson, who was 3rd and only 21 seconds behind Kilian Jornet, taking his 4th win. After a heatwave over the previous week, the rain came on the night before and during the race, which was a relief, although it made conditions much slippier. In my 2nd attempt I was 2min down on 2014, running 3h12 for 64th male (10th M40-49 again), but the conditions meant times were generally slightly down. The leading women were super-quick, especially on the 1st long ascent, with a rare sub-3 from the winning Kenyan. Great to see so many Brits out there, for what is a brilliant race against the world's best.

  9. #119
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    2,638
    ....and what about Billy Burns, 10th overall, at the age of 45!

  10. #120
    Senior Member fellephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bolton
    Posts
    176
    My blog entry regarding 2015 including vid.

    http://fellephant.com/?m=201603

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •