Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BG 16th July

BG 16th July

I saw two lights coming off blencathra on saturday C 10.00pm any idea who it was and how they did, another rough night....

Re: BG 16th July

There was a 7pm starter who completed. He turned up at Moot Hall during Fred's return and was cheered by the assembly. I can't remember his name.
    ydt

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    There was a 7pm starter who completed. He turned up at Moot Hall during Fred's return and was cheered by the assembly. I can't remember his name.
    ydt
    Yiannis, that was a chap who had started at 7.00 pm on Friday and had completed the round prior to 7.00 pm on Saturday. IDP is referring to lights seen on HFR at gone 10.00 pm on Saturday; implying that someone must have started at 7.00 pm on Saturday, that would have been one and a half hours prior to Fred's return.

There was a 6pm starter on saturday - can't remember his name, sorry. AndyGib was due to do his leg 4 on the sunday morning having done the bingley boys' leg 4 on the saturday. Due to him camping in wasdale I've not heard from Andy on the success or otherwise of this attempt.

Ian - met you breifly at camper van at honister before having to quickly get changed to do the bingley leg 5. Didn't realise it was you at the time but good to put a face to a name....

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    There was a 6pm starter on saturday - can't remember his name, sorry. AndyGib was due to do his leg 4 on the sunday morning having done the bingley boys' leg 4 on the saturday. Due to him camping in wasdale I've not heard from Andy on the success or otherwise of this attempt.

Ian - met you breifly at camper van at honister before having to quickly get changed to do the bingley leg 5. Didn't realise it was you at the time but good to put a face to a name....
    Were you the cyclist? or in the van?

A wild day day and no mistake, I think your Avatar says it all...!!

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Were you the cyclist? or in the van?
    Neither - I was trying to get a snooze in my car listening to the golf then came over during a break in the rain - red jumper. Might have encouraged the ice cream trip...

I heard that this round ended at Wasdale unfortunately.....

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    ydt
    Yes - that was me - I remember the great cheer and applause - but can't remember what day it was :~

Quote Originally Posted by DickyTicker View Post
    Yes - that was me - I remember the great cheer and applause - but can't remember what day it was :~
    Well done Dicky - you did look a bit spaced!:w00t:

I can't imagine that anybody has ever received a more auspicious welcome to the Club?
    “The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”

Geoff Cox Lonsdale Fellrunners

Stu from Alerthwaite started at 6 pm Saturday but retired from Eskhause down in to Wasdale. I paced him over leg 1 and all went well and we where off blencathra before it was dark. My engine blew around calf Howe pike (too much recent sleep deprivation - the joys of little babies) and bailed back to threkled and i too saw headlights on blencathra but they did not seem to be moving at any pace. Interestingly there was an anti clockwise attempt coming into Dunmail as I drove back through, I'd guess about midnight.Daniel