Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belper Rugby

Master and MR

Re: Belper Rugby Rover

Never done it, it just doesn't appeal to me. Ive done the route and it just ain't well hilly enough. Good luck

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Did this about 5 years ago when i was just coming back into running, there were about 150 of us, including a lot of the rugby club (who organise it). it was very laid back and a bit chaotic - I remember a group of us having a sprint at the end - to the very unclear unmarked finish - I won meaning I came 7th overall but when they published the results they gave us all the same time but marked me as 10th! Was not happy at the time.

Appreciate its not a pure fell race but from memory there is some climbing - more than your average trail race, the climb on the last set of woods left an impression. Really enjoyed it and always said I would do it again but never got round to it.

Its good its got popular but sad a the same time cos I thought of it as a bit of a hidden gem. Hate to think where my 2.23 would get me in the pecking order now - 100th most likely.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

I'll be there as I love the course. You cant get lost, cos some of the arrows are bigger than the black&white road chevrons!. You ought to pop down Antisocial - looks like we'd be in each others company for most of the run. Something about a race run from a Rugby club with showers beer and bacon sarnies after that really appeals, cant think why.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Belper Rugby

A friend suggested I do Belper as a pre yorkshireman run. It's to late to post an entry and it's a fair way for me to go. Will I get in on the day?

Re: Belper Rugby

i got in on the day 3 years ago no problem.

it's a decent event, not too hilly but the terrain includes quite a few rutted fields which were a pain to run through!

There is usually a few EOD slots. Certainly past the final pre entry date.

http://files.pitchero.com/clubs/4431..._Formfinal.pdf

Usually suites road shoes (careful into and through Shining Cliff Woods) unless there has been a lot of rain. No great hills but three proper run-able ups. Ignore the 'halfway' sign, its always at the pub which is definitely over halfway. One of the field of cows/bulls can be a bit spooked as they were last year. Pint and a burger available at the end which is no bad thing. Avoid driving home up the A6, tourist traffic into Matlock Bath always a pain. A nice tour of the south peaks.
    'Normal' people are the ones you don't know very well.

Did this for 1st time yesterday - it is on my doorstep after all. Well organised, good route - but not for anyone who doesn't like stiles. Lost count of of how many but must be 50 or so!! Good speed training on a very rural "fell race".