Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Pendleton fell race

Long time since I posted on here - but just to let you know that Pendleton WILL take place on August 28th. Full details are on the Clayton race web page. EOD only £5 - 2pm start - please park very carefully & responsibly
    Cheers
    Mike

I found out a few days ago that sadly Mike Eddleston passed away before Xmas. Flat Foot on the forum here.

I started running as a Dad watching his kids and decided to muck in with the cross country team in Autumn 2003. I settled in the field around Mike after a few races and got to know him and some other CLEM runners around us such as Martin Brady and 3 peaks legend Dave Scott.
    We had some great tustles over several years until Mike started to have some niggles and didn't manage to race so often.

I can't say I knew Mike well, but he was a kind man and I will never forget his voice, which would have made a great radio voice or stadium announcer.
    Very distinctive and kind on the ears.

I last saw him at Pendleton Fell race in August 2021, a race he has organised for quite some time, when Mrs WP and I turned up to watch the race and have a walk on Pendle.
    We had a good chat on the car park when we arrived early on and he was just getting ready for runners to arrive.

I also used to see him at CP3 on the Stan Bradshaw when I managed to race it.

Mike will be sadly missed by all who knew him.
    https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ael-eddleston/
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell