Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hodder valley

Hodder Valley Show

Anyone got any info on this one?? (i.e. past results, route etc)

Have looked on the Bowland site and can't find anything....

In particular I'd be interested in what time the last finisher came in at, as I'm not doing it if I'm going to come last!!!

Re: Hodder Valley Show

Last in 2006 took 2 hours 7 and two years before that 1 hour 16 so I guess it very much depends on who turns up!

It is not that simple. The HVS uses 3 different sites (as shown on the website) and therefore 3 different fell race routes so you need to look back to when it was last based at Dunsop Bridge, rather than eg Slaidburn

In 2000 it went from Dunsop bridge 'showfield' up Totridge and finished in a field just the other side of the river at the bottom of Mellor Knoll instead, missing out the road section finish. Last finisher was 96 minutes, the 4 in front of her were seventy odd minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    It is not that simple. The HVS uses 3 different sites (as shown on the website) and therefore 3 different fell race routes so you need to look back to when it was last based at Dunsop Bridge, rather than eg Slaidburn
    And there have also been variations on the courses at all three locations over the years. The Dunsop Bridge course in recent times has basically been Totridge and back via Mellor Knoll which is a good up and down run.

Fellhound

Yep, this year it goes from Dunsop Bridge to Totridge via Mellor Knoll, small loop on the top then back the same way. As nobbut a lad says it's a good up and down fell race.

PS - the organiser is still short of helpers so if anyone fancies a spot of marshalling, contact him via the address in the FRA fixture list. Any assistance appreciated..

This is one of our club counters so i'll ask Joe and Mario and see if they can help as they'll probably get a lift with some of us up there, can't promise yet though
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by nobbut a lad View Post
    And there have also been variations on the courses at all three locations over the years. The Dunsop Bridge course in recent times has basically been Totridge and back via Mellor Knoll which is a good up and down run.
    And it is a different show venue again this year, from that last used at Dunsop in 2004. Still cuts out some of the road section, but, approaching Dunsop Bridge from Longridge / Chipping / Whitewell, this year's showfield is on the left immediately before the fish farm which is about 1/4 mile before the junction with the Trough of Bowland road. It is still up over Mellor Knoll to the trig on Tottridge Fell and return, but should alleviate the big river crossing (wade) which is quite deep and swift at the mo.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 07-09-2008 at 11:40 PM.

How much is the entry fee for the show, Wheezing Donk?

Don't get thissens too excited...there's a good chance the show won't go on wi' t'looks o' t'weather 4cast later int'week. Will BFR still organise the race if th'agricultural show is cancelled?
    Burnsall bofra race will definitely be on this Sunday wotever t'weather chucks at us.
    Last edited by wharfeego; 08-09-2008 at 10:36 PM.