Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Settle Loop Tough Trail 2011

Settle Loop Tough Trail 2011

Coming up soon http://settleloop.org.uk/ Sunday 18th September
    I'll probably use this as a warm down from The Three Shires the day before (a pre-emptive excuse for if I do badly on the day) a nice little race now the tarmac section is gone, and for a good cause.
    Anybody else in?
    Last edited by Ze Monsta; 08-09-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

Re: Settle Loop Tough Trail 20

I'm thinking about it. but can't be certain yet, & hope to run 'Rombalds' the day before too

(all dependant on SWMBO though)
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAThackeray View Post
    I'm thinking about it. but can't be certain yet, & hope to run 'Rombalds' the day before too

(all dependant on SWMBO though)
    Hey Ze Monsta, you stand a good chance of winning a prize!! last year we took the unusual step of giving a prize to fastest male & female, the remaining prizes were given out by pulling race numbers out of a hat and if your number came up and you were there you chose a prize!! went down very well with all "average" runners like myself i.e not usually a chance in hell of winning owt!
    We have prizes from local shop Castleberg Outdoors (last year gave 6 x £50 haglofs vouchers) and Hilly clothing, plus any others i can beg!
    All proceeds go to beavers/cubs/scouts.

Most importantly HOMEMADE CAKES....FREE!!!! :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by are we nearly there yet? View Post
    Hey Ze Monsta, you stand a good chance of winning a prize!! last year we took the unusual step of giving a prize to fastest male & female, the remaining prizes were given out by pulling race numbers out of a hat and if your number came up and you were there you chose a prize!! went down very well with all "average" runners like myself i.e not usually a chance in hell of winning owt!
    We have prizes from local shop Castleberg Outdoors (last year gave 6 x £50 haglofs vouchers) and Hilly clothing, plus any others i can beg!
    All proceeds go to beavers/cubs/scouts.
    Most importantly HOMEMADE CAKES....FREE!!!! :w00t:
    Spot prizes? Free cake? ran it last year and due to a christening in the aft had to nip off before the prizegiving - won't make the same mistake again. and so local that I only have to wake up half an hour before the off..:thumbup:

Ok ZM i'm totally intrigued-who are you!?
    Please make yourself known (i will be short arse with the timing clock-if we can track it down!) as its nice to put faces to quotes!

Tracy W

Quote Originally Posted by are we nearly there yet? View Post
    Ok ZM i'm totally intrigued-who are you!?
    Please make yourself known (i will be short arse with the timing clock-if we can track it down!) as its nice to put faces to quotes!

Tracy W
    Oh no, my enigmatic alter ego is far more intriguing than I am. You'll know me on race day because I'll be wearing a white carnation in my buttonhole and carrying a folded up copy of The Times.

Did this last year and can vouch that there's a lot of prizes and a lot of cake! Great race. Not so sure if I'll be doing it this year as it's quite a trek up from Chester... Maybe though, I'd really like to!

Been out on loop this morning, and although it's a trail, probably best to bring a bit of grip along for the fields up to Stockdale Lane, and the run in at the end, enough mud around to make it tricky.
    Last edited by Ze Monsta; 11-09-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Going round this afternoon cracking local race

Thanks to all for laying on the race and refreshments today, great weather conditions but very muddy through the fields to Stockdale Lane. Goldie was 1st of a good sized field of 79?
    After yesterdays Three Shires warm up I felt fit for nothing, so pleased to get round mere seconds slower (1.10-ish) than last years time. I have mainly spent the afternoon slumped on the sofa feeling like I've been kicked in the guts, only getting up listlessly to pebbledash the toilet every 20 mins or so. I keep wondering why this is what I've chosen to do for fun. (but I'll still be at Whernside)
    Last edited by Ze Monsta; 18-09-2011 at 04:45 PM.