Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: English Schools Champs 2011/12

Re: English Schools Champs 201

Fantastic event today; great organisation, superb venue, wonderful weather, challenging courses, tremendous racing and brilliant individual performances.
    Thank you to all involved on putting on such a great event.

Agreed Gaz, big Thank You to Jon Richardson, and also Lecky, who can lean on their swords for a bit now after their stints, both having made significant contributions to junior fell running. Thanks guys. Great to see such a high standard of racing, some of the running quite breathtaking, a very enjoyable day.

Results are available at esfrc.org.

Hi Lecky - great day again - thanks to you and the others involved in putting the event on. Sedbergh seems a natural home for the event and it's a shame if it has to move on - but let's see.

Just noticed on the Year 8/9 Girls that one of the Westholme Girls is missing - Lucy Davis - she was towards the front end so I think she is the 7th position girl where there seems to be a query on the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Hi Lecky - great day again - thanks to you and the others involved in putting the event on. Sedbergh seems a natural home for the event and it's a shame if it has to move on - but let's see.

Just noticed on the Year 8/9 Girls that one of the Westholme Girls is missing - Lucy Davis - she was towards the front end so I think she is the 7th position girl where there seems to be a query on the results.
    Your right theres not many schools in such a perfect location, really well organised. Dont really think any one could match the high standards set here or where the venue could move to ?.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

As announced at the ESFRC on Sunday, Calder Valley High School will be hosting next year's English Schools.

I am reliably informed that the courses will again be proper fell races.

I am very grateful to them for taking this on. Sedbergh School have set a very high standard over the last few years, and I am sure a Yorkshire school will do their very best to maintain, or even outdo Sedbergh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecky View Post
    As announced at the ESFRC on Sunday, Calder Valley High School will be hosting next year's English Schools.

I am very grateful to them for taking this on. Sedbergh School have set a very high standard over the last few years, and I am sure a Yorkshire school will do their very best to maintain, or even outdo Sedbergh.
    This is yet another indication of what a great Junior Co-ordinator Lecky has been.

GB
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Dave & Eileen's photos are now on woodentops.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Lecky View Post

Just to clear up any confusion. The school is Calder High School and is nothing to do with Calder Valley Fell Runners other than there are a number of staff at the school that are members, and a number of members have kids going to school. It is the school that are organising this event.
    Last edited by Clash City Rocker; 30-03-2011 at 09:41 PM.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

Any news about the Eng Sch yet. i have tried looking at website but nothing and this always comes around so quickly after the schools start back in Sept that ist very hard to get anything organised especially. i know there is supposed to be some info in next Fellrunner but thats going to be out after schoools break up. When your just a parent trying to get the school to sign up and register etc its very hard.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"