Thread: Navigation Android app.

Navigation Android app.

Is there a killer android app for when navigating on the fells in the middle of nowhere with everything you could want to get you about because having two ways of navigating would be great. In fact for any of you tec heads if there any other apps you might think useful to the Fell runner please feel free to suggest them.
    They called me mad and i called them mad and damn them they outvoted me !!!.

Banned

Re: Navigation Android app.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Lee View Post
    Is there a killer android app for when navigating on the fells in the middle of nowhere with everything you could want to get you about because having two ways of navigating would be great. In fact for any of you tec heads if there any other apps you might think useful to the Fell runner please feel free to suggest them.
    Try HERE

That was a rather bland answer with a touch of sarcasm. I point out that having two ways to navigate would be great. I did not say i wanted a billy can or sleeping bag or compass. :-)

Master

To state the obvious a compass does not always let you know where you are.

I have an app called "Grid Reference" . It is not really a navigation app as you cannot record routes or import routes etc. But it is nice to know that if I ever get horribly lost and can't see anything I can turn the app on and it will give me a 10 figure grid reference so that I will know where I am again! Having said that I am yet to use it other than to check it worked in the garden!

Viewranger

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by jhb0510 View Post
    I have an app called "Grid Reference" . It is not really a navigation app as you cannot record routes or import routes etc. But it is nice to know that if I ever get horribly lost and can't see anything I can turn the app on and it will give me a 10 figure grid reference so that I will know where I am again! Having said that I am yet to use it other than to check it worked in the garden!
    Whilst it's not on Android - I have a Windows Phone, I downloaded an app that is the same and is a great tool. Used it this weekend when visibility dropped up a peak, was a really useful tool to check that we were heading in the right direction.