Thread: Bury Ditches Hill Race

Bury Ditches Hill Race

Just wanted to say thanks to the organisers of Bury Ditches Hill race, well organised friendly event in a beautiful area - will definitely do this one again :thumbup:

http://buryditcheshillrace.wordpress.com/2011-event/

After yesterday's Black Mountains I'd planned on doing this race as it was on our way home. Such a hot day considering we're nearly into October, it was roasting. The fast flat start had my legs protesting after yesterday's day out but I soon got into a decent pace once the climbs started. Typical race rivalry commenced with Mercia runners Virgil, Tom and Mel... always nice to see you guys.
    Enjoyable little race with the most marshals I've ever seen on route in any race, cheers everyone you made route finding a doddle.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Whilst in Mid-Wales for the weekend decided to hop back over the border to do Bury Ditches.A low key but very enjoyable race over varied and scenic terrain. Wales beating Australia just prior to the start gave me some extra oomph and had a decent run.
    Unfortunately this might be the last running as after 10 years of organising the RO is calling it a day but hopefully someone will take over as it will be a shame to see it disappear of the WFRA calendar.

And yes Tindersticks, still plenty of enthusiastic marshal’s on the course!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog