I am wondering if cycling is making my Periformis syndrome worse ... Had a knackered neck and chiropractor sorted that, then the legs started - just as I jumped on the bike for the summer to ease off the harder ground down here in the sunny sunny Sarf of England / Albion's chalk plain as a knee was playing up.

I feel mainly as if the bike tightens the hams up further, though it doesn't hurt when actually cycling or immediately after. Running has been hurting all the time even with plenty of stretching. I did foam rolling yesterday in the gym for the first time and am much better today, even after a run and a cycle in the last 24 hours. So my experience is get a roller, use it, and ease off on the bike -- maybe! Planning to run a couple of times between now and the weekend with no biking so will let everyone know if the roller / no bike plan works out. The roller seems to be key to really unlocking the hams / back of knee tightness and pain - though it isn't very pleasant for a bit afterwards I have to say.