Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: Roaches

Great report Nick.

The 'slurry farm' was the first one we went through, and you're right it was particularly scarce of cow-shit on sunday.

Your mention about self-sufficiency with regards to water has reminded me that i didn't take any at the station either. In fact I've been noticeably cutting down on water in recent races, and unless it's an absolute heatwave I've been making do with a swig every 40mins or so. I used to go through a litre every 2 hours. I've not noticed any ill-effects (however much i drink i'm still a little dehydrated at the finish, and really top up over the following 24 hours). But the major improvement is i don't spend the 2nd half of races feeling sick.

Perhaps see you at TdeH.

Travs, even though I've always carried water I could never drink that much. In a typical day or more of racing when I get it right, I go a whole day before 'needing to go'. Rare exceptions are extremely hot conditions when I sweat it out so have to drink more (e.g. Western States 100 in 2007 when the temp got into the low 40s in the canyons). I was probably drinking at least a litre and electrolyte every two hours then but it was still nightfall before I had to go.

Yes, see you at the TdeH (it's been a while since I've done that too). I have TheNoor to thank for discovering that gem from its inception, back when the winters were cold and 'ard.