Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Tour Of Pendle 16/10

Re: Full Tour Of Pendle 16/10

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Thanks very much for the day out gents, we had a good run and enjoyed it. Sun came out as we went home, lovely now. Ah well!
    enjoyed it as well. thanks very much for cakes Helen and Martyn. see you on race day!!
    I have loaded the garmin route on facebook from today

Yeah really enjoyed it..Cheers for the cakes Martyn and Helen..And Geronimo for leading us round in pretty bad clag
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Was a good few hours out enjoyed it,ta for leading us around Geronimo.Will hopefully catch you all on race day

Just wondered what line is taken up to CP1 assuming the double gate is taken at the bottom of Buttock.

I'm not that familiar with Pendle even though it's local, but there doesn't seem any trod or path across to the new CP1 until you cross Ogden Clough and pick up the wall - it looks like we would follow the main drag up to the trig until the top of Deep Clough Spring and then head off across the very top end of Boar Clough taking a direct line for CP1.

Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Just wondered what line is taken up to CP1 assuming the double gate is taken at the bottom of Buttock.

I'm not that familiar with Pendle even though it's local, but there doesn't seem any trod or path across to the new CP1 until you cross Ogden Clough and pick up the wall - it looks like we would follow the main drag up to the trig until the top of Deep Clough Spring and then head off across the very top end of Boar Clough taking a direct line for CP1.

Anyone know?
    As you run up the track and head towards Ogden Clough, just beforehand the track splits, and you take the right-hand steep track to a gate, which you pass through, and as you point out, run up a 'pathless' field along the fieldside, through another gate where the path then heads for the trig.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    As you run up the track and head towards Ogden Clough, just beforehand the track splits, and you take the right-hand steep track to a gate, which you pass through, and as you point out, run up a 'pathless' field along the fieldside, through another gate where the path then heads for the trig.

Hope this helps
    Sorry mate, not really. I am with you as far as the "path to the trig" bit, but somewhere on the ascent we have to cut across the moor to get to this new CP1 and there are no paths across the moor running from SW to NW so am I right to assume we just make our way across the open moorland?

I will be at or very near the back so I'm sure I will have people to follow and not concerned, just trying to get an idea of the route taken.

Sorry mate, not really. I am with you as far as the "path to the trig" bit, but somewhere on the ascent we have to cut across the moor to get to this new CP1 and there are no paths across the moor running from SW to NW so am I right to assume we just make our way across the open moorland?

I will be at or very near the back so I'm sure I will have people to follow and not concerned, just trying to get an idea of the route taken.
    Witton
    No go past trig to wall where old cp1 was over the wall/gate there is a well defined path to the new cp1 the trick is then either go over moor to pick up path or turn left at cp1 to follow wall???
    Going to try again....

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Witton
    No go past trig to wall where old cp1 was over the wall/gate there is a well defined path to the new cp1 the trick is then either go over moor to pick up path or turn left at cp1 to follow wall???
    Really :O

That seems a long way - it's 3.2k from the tarmac to CP1 taking that route (600m further) and almost would seem better just to follow the track up Ogden Clough, which is a few hundred metres further but runnable all the way.

I'm OK coming down from CP1.

Ah right, your after the new bit from the old CP1 to the new one?

Thats easy, you jump over the gate at the Old CP1, then follow the wide track across the moorland before cutting off to the left a few hundred metres down, to go through another gate in the wall, which is where CP1 was.

You then head back towards the clough and the original route that meanders through the stream before picking up the walkers path to take you all the way down to CP2.

Really :O

That seems a long way - it's 3.2k from the tarmac to CP1 taking that route (600m further) and almost would seem better just to follow the track up Ogden Clough, which is a few hundred metres further but runnable all the way.

I'm OK coming down from CP1.
    and you will be bumping into all the front end of racers, which way are you going from CP1?

Martin will know
    Last edited by Amex; 20-10-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Going to try again....