Thread: foot/arch pain diagnosis help.

foot/arch pain diagnosis help.

Since resuming running again about 10 weeks ago i've recently in the past couple of weeks been gettting an occasional pain in the area shown by the green patch on the photo below. Since starting running again I have been keeping my stride much shorter and trying to mid/forfoot land, and it feels as if this is putting a bit more pressure onto my feet. I have also ditched my superfeet from all shoes.
    As I understand it, the red and blue patches are the common Plantar fascitis pain spots, but I'm wondering if my painful area is a precursor to PF.
    OR as I am hoping is this just a sore spot as my feet adapt to a new running style and lack of superfeet.
    Does anyone have any idea about this?
    In the meantime I'm going to try and do more calf stretches and keep milage down until it goes away. It only seems to start up after about 8 miles or so.
    Thanks,
    Luke

Attachment 5228

Re: foot/arch pain diagnosis h

I've had that and suffered with it for ages. Physios/GP etc were all pretty useless in sorting anything out, even had an x ray after one doctor decided for some reason I might have broken my foot. It went away on it's own eventually but never really found out what it was, although I suspect it was the insertion point of the tibialis posterior tendon that had somehow become inflamed. Using a golf ball to roll my foot on helped quite a bit in sorting it out, if a golf ball is too hard, try a squash ball at first.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Re: foot/arch pain diagnosis h

Thanks for that Rob, I'll just try and be patient. Interestingly it seems aggravated more by the mid/forefoot running style, and slightly relieved by a heel strike, but I'm determined not to go back and risk shin splints again.